Having an issue with my system. Somone help me figure it out. Alpine & Zapco gurus

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPLAudioHz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indiana
Hey guys, I got my system hooked up tonight.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/506807-95-mustang-5-0-build-log.html

So for now I am NOT running a sub, or center channel, or rear fill. I just want to get the front stage set before I add too much. So on my Zapco DC Ref 650.6 I have the symbilink for channels 5/6 plugged in.

To fill you in on my HU, it is a CDA117. After a long chat with Alpine I was informed to switch the switches on the underside of the HU to the side opposite or "Normal" since the Imprint module is where the the amp is getting its info.

I took the left channel RCA for the front and plugged it in. No sound but I figure it is because I need to plug the amp in to my laptop and set gains as the Prev owner did not use those channels.

I plug in the red RCA and I get a rapid popping from my front speaker and the protect light on my symbilink is flashing to the popping. I was like SH|T! Well I figured I may have wired that side wrong (this is a huuuuge maybe because I labeled and rechecked wires more than a dozen times as well as photographed every step), so I swapped the rcas around. The other speakers also did the same thing!!! Well SH|T again.

Anyone have any insight on this? Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks a ton,

Jesse

I thought the same thing, but I tried all 3 sets of RCAs. Ixos kind of narrows down the chance for errors. I will check that though, Might try a direct connect to the HU rather than through the Imprint.

i would disconnect my speaker wires at the amp and check for a short to ground or bad voicecoil you should get a known good speaker to use as a test speaker hook it to your amp and see if the problem is still present then with the amp on if the noise is still there disconnect the input to the amp and see if it goes away that will narrow it down to 3 things either a bad speaker or wire run,a bad amp,or a bad feed to the amp the fastest test is to disconnect the input from the amp so do that first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.