having an alternator "built" local?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
i found a local company like 2 blocks from my house called SEA manufacturing. they re-build and build starters and alternators. i went up there looking for an alt for my car and they seemed to kno WTF they were talking about. the only thing that concerned me was that they claimed to be able to get a new case, stator, rectifier, etc and build an alternator for my car that can do 200amps(150at idle with a smaller pulley) and bolt up directly with a 1 year warranty for 85.00 + 10.00 core. a stock alt from autozone is like 150.00

im only concerned about this because im not sure if what they do is considered re-winding or not. he showed me all the parts(all new BTW) and whatnot and they looked beefy. there were twice the diodes as the stock alt as well.

anyone had experiance with companies like this? all their current reviews are good, there were some bad ones from like 2 years back about build times, but since i wont be able to install the alt for another week and they said they could have it built in a day im not too wirried about that.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.