Haven't put together a system in years. Any tips for this equipment?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thejoker989
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Been out of the loop for 5 years and I have finally pieced together my system. It is going in my 2010 WRX 4dr. Going for maximum possible stealthiness.

What do you guys think?

Any changes to make before starting the install?

Bit Ten w/ DRC

PG SX1200.5

PG Ti265cs

PG Ti10d4

Peerless SLS 6.5 (rear)

Knu Fleks 4awg

Knu Crystal 4ch RCA

Knu Crystal 2ch RCA

Knu mini anl fuse hoolder

Damplifier Pro 36 sqft

Tech Flex 25ft 1/4"

I know I want to do a sealed box, but I haven't looked in volume. Anyone have experience with this sub in different volumes?

I plan on sealing and deadening my doors. I'm considering cutting out plexi to put over the inner door skin holes. Any suggestions otherwise?

View attachment 26547301

the largest manufacturer recommended sealed box will give the most efficiency at rated power. larger will trade power for more efficiency, and smaller can increase sq flatness, and may accommodate short stints of over-powering, without as much chance of bottoming out.... this is usually built in a size known as the "q" for the sub. that's the simple of it, and i'm pretty certain these values are listed in the online specs. you may also be able to find the resonant frequency for your car and play off that for box choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.