Hatchback port/sub placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Is a Hatchback suppose to be setup the same as an SUV? As in sub up, port back? Or what?

it's a '97 Integra, a pair of RE SE 12"s wired to 4ohm, getting about 600~ watts each from a modded MMATS D300HC. 4ft^3 net and will be tuned to 33hz, with two 6" aeros. the rear seat DOES fold down to make it just completely open but they will be up 90% of the time I am sure.

Here is the only decent picture I could find of an Integra hatch... as you can see, once the seats are down, it is just one big area...

http://www.machiii.net/images/suspension/beatrush/Acura&Honda/10.jpg

I had good luck with sub up, port side. But clearance may be an issue with box design.

I've also done sub back, port back. Did alright.

Next will be either sub up/port up or sub up/port back.

All in Suzuki SX4 Hatch.

Heavily vehicle dependent.

I had good luck with sub up' date=' port side. But clearance may be an issue with box design.
I've also done sub back, port back. Did alright.

Next will be either sub up/port up or sub up/port back.

All in Suzuki SX4 Hatch.

Heavily vehicle dependent.[/quote']

hmmm... yeah, port side won't be an option. I am thinking sub/port rear for now. I think I have enough wood to make two boxes so, may be a subs/ports rear and a subs up, ports rear and see which does better. There is a "rear deck" which is a piece of plastic/carpet so that might make a difference with the rear seat up.... IDK, I was just hoping someone had may be done an Integra or CRX or something similar that might have some good input.

i had sub up port back it 15inch ssd then i had a audioque 2.5 and i liked it. for the most part in a hatch people go with sub up port bb ack. i had a 12inch si mag port back sub back it was ok. i did have a 12inch L7 sub to the side and port to the side it was not bad

lol, unless you find someone who's actually built each type of box and metered it, you won't get very good advice. People are just going to suggest whatever they went with...like for example I drive an 04 Hyundai Accent (hatchback) and I've had good results with both port & sub up. Would porting to the rear be louder? Maybe but I don't feel like building another box just to find out, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.