HAT Imagine power handling?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Headroom is always good. Right now, I have the mids on 125 watts and the tweets on something under that, not real sure to be honest, maybe ~60. If I could, I would have even more power on my mids, but the tweeters don't need anything really. Since you're going passive though, I guess none of that matters. Out of those two amps, that cadence amp looks great to me. The JL is of course good too. Whatever you're into. You could probably save a little money and bridge a 4 channel amp though.

Really the only reason I was thinking about the JL is to match my 500/1v2 I have on my sub, also if it was much better, if the cadence is a solid choice that is what i'll be going with.

I would say, based on modeling them in WinISD in large sealed box, around 70-100 honest watts for the mids, but some guy reported testing them with 150watt amplifier, and they sounded fine. The woofers have amazing amount of throw for their mounting depth and 6mm one way xmax. Right now I am running my set active using a somewhat underrated 4x80watt amplifier. They're crossed at 70Hz@24dB, and bumped +3dB at 70Hz. Very good midbass and upper midrange extension for a 6.5 inch speaker.

I'm running mine passive on 100 watts per side and they get as loud as I could ever want them to.
Yeah I guess this is probably true. My girlfriend gave my speakers the best compliment last night. She said "they sound good, but they're too loud." If they can be too loud, then I feel like a victory has been achieved. It's always important to have the capability of being too loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.