Harness Wiring...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cheesethief

I have a Sony head unit that I am going to install in my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse. This is my first time doing this.

My car does not have the premium sound system in it, so it does not have an amp or sub and I do not plan to install one.

This is what the standard audio system is:

Single-disc CD player for MP3/CD-R/CD-RW

AM/FM digital radio

MAX output: 140W

Six speakers total:

2 x 1.25" (3.5cm) tweeters (dash-top panel)

2 x 6x9" front (door speakers)

2 x 6.25" rear (rear quarter panels)

Right now I am connecting the wiring from the included stereo harness to the Metra harness (which will connect to the car's harness).

The problem I have run into is that the Sony 16 pin connector does not have a solid blue wire (power antenna), only a blue/white with REM OUT MAX 0.4A written on it.

My Eclipse is coupe body style, not the spider, so it's antenna is built into the rear window/hatch.

So, should I connect the blue/white stripe wire to the solid blue wire?

I also have two orange wires that are for the illumination/dash and dimmer ground on the harness, but nothing to connect them to on the stereo's wiring. Should I just remove them from the harness and not use them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.