Hardwiring issue

I have a 1972 Buick Skylark and the harness connected to the factory radio were not compatible with anything on the market. I traced the wires and pretty much knew which wires went to where. I clipped the wires and installed my head unit and got nothing(alpine 7982 3 disc). I even installed a second deck( sony cd player) and got nothing. How do I go about hardwiring? What size wire? Fuse between?(deck has fuse on hot wire). straight from battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

That being the case, then we can rule out something in the ECU being shorted out because of the wiring. Although I do wonder if the ECU needs a...
The amp grounding at the same place as the head unit is not an issue if the grounding point is clean and bare. This may be a function of some sort...
Getting a good voltage reading does not mean good power transfer. You could read 13.8v out of a 24 AWG wire. Recheck your amplifier's ground and...
They managed to turn Covid into a wedge issue.
A problem may be caused by your phone's or vehicle infotainment systems' software. Be sure you have the latest software version for your phone and...

About this thread

edujuant

edujuant
Decatur, Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ParkRat