Hardwiring issue

I have a 1972 Buick Skylark and the harness connected to the factory radio were not compatible with anything on the market. I traced the wires and pretty much knew which wires went to where. I clipped the wires and installed my head unit and got nothing(alpine 7982 3 disc). I even installed a second deck( sony cd player) and got nothing. How do I go about hardwiring? What size wire? Fuse between?(deck has fuse on hot wire). straight from battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I do copy music off youtube, but I've been using audacity. That one's free, and lets you alter the music from changing the EQ, and adding overlap, or my personal favorite was changing not the...
Man.. ^Thats Great!. This will hopefully help others in the future as well!!
When you get a chance, set all your equalizer controls to ZERO. Then play a CD. Gradually, turn up your setting to your desired sounds. If that doesn't work, most headunits have a reset mode, that...
Yeah, somebody goofed. It was supposed to last 5. I have seen speakers fail at the solder joint on the cone under the black glue. But you are right, 15 years is a pretty good run.

About this thread

edujuant

edujuant
Decatur, Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ParkRat