Harbor Freight Clamp and DMM

ItsAJeepThing
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I would like to be able to clamp my amp and while searching around for the tools I saw harbor freight carried a clamp with a hold feature and a dmm with a hold feature. I know harbor freight is cheap but I was wondering if they would work? I know other brands would be ideal like fluke but would I be able to get away using the off brand?

Thanks for the input.

All Harbor Freight electronic tools are garbage!

I have owned 5 of the red dmms they all the wire leads have fallen out of the probes and they never would read 0 or anywhere near 0 when touching the leads together to measure dc resistance. Lowest I could ever get one to go was .9 when touching the probes together.

Save your money for a quality piece of equipment like something made by Fluke. Even the Craftsman clamp meters are not that good, TommyK90 on here did a side by side comparo of clamp meters made by Fluke and Craftsman and the Craftsman was a lot slower to respond and was less accurate. His video is on youtube and theres a thread about it somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ItsAJeepThing

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ItsAJeepThing
Lincoln,NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date