Hair trick

The box/port is resonating so it puts the load on the diaphragm of the driver. hence impedance is lowest

If the impedance is the lowest, the amp would have a higher current draw. Which should result in a lower voltage reading on my bank.

So I just want to know why/how my voltage is actually its best at those frequencies since my amp would be doing its most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

If the impedance is the lowest, the amp would have a higher current draw. Which should result in a lower voltage reading on my bank. So I just want to know why/how my voltage is actually its best at those frequencies since my amp would be doing its most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
yea lower impedance means higher current draw. That's why I typically a lot of installs that do strictly SPL generally tune slightly lower than resonant frequency

If the impedance is the lowest, the amp would have a higher current draw. Which should result in a lower voltage reading on my bank. So I just want to know why/how my voltage is actually its best at those frequencies since my amp would be doing its most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
You may not be tuned where you think you are or it may be some other factor at play.

If you're interested you should plot an impedance curve of your subs in box in vehicle. This is mine, and as you can see tuning is right around 43hz. The correct tool for this job is DATS but you could simply use a DMM and some graph paper and test tones or a frequency generator. OR figure out your TS parameters and box specs and throw them into the circuit I posted above.

t06GKSg

https://imgur.com/t06GKSg

This isn't conjecture. It's accepted fact with math to back it up.

Speaker impedance curve explained with examples - Audio Judgement

If 2 10's can do a hairtrick, most certainly 2 18's should be able to. BUT...it's all install dependant. Def need to beef up the electrical to be able to provide more power/amperage.

You may not be tuned where you think you are or it may be some other factor at play.
If you're interested you should plot an impedance curve of your subs in box in vehicle. This is mine, and as you can see tuning is right around 43hz. The correct tool for this job is DATS but you could simply use a DMM and some graph paper and test tones or a frequency generator. OR figure out your TS parameters and box specs and throw them into the circuit I posted above.

t06GKSg

https://imgur.com/t06GKSg

This isn't conjecture. It's accepted fact with math to back it up.

Speaker impedance curve explained with examples - Audio Judgement
Dang that one program is $130....

I'll just use some graph paper lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SuperScion9000
San tan valley, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls
IMG_1154.png