hair trick

CoryJage

Hey guys I'm wanting to be able to to do the hair trick in my 05 grand cherokee. I have two 12" phoenix gold elite 1600w rms 3200 max. With the elite.1 amp also Phoenix gold. Is this possible withe the right box build? And if so can anybody help me design a box can't be over 36" wide with vents forward facing on top potion of box

I would say no.. That's really not enough cone area to do a good hair trick. For a vehicle that size I'd be looking at 2 15's or 4 12's if you want to stay with 12's. 2 12's can still get pretty loud, but hairtricks take a good amount of loudness down low, more than you can likely muster. Decently sized box and ports, lots of power and low tuning are generally the keys.

It might be possible if you do a direct wall on the pillar behind the front seat to greatly shrink the cab space. Even then, 24" of total cone area between your woofers probably wouldn't do a full on hairtrick.

It might be possible if you do a direct wall on the pillar behind the front seat to greatly shrink the cab space. Even then, 24" of total cone area between your woofers probably wouldn't do a full on hairtrick.
Lol, where did you get that number from? You don't add the diameters of subs to get their total cone area..

Lol, where did you get that number from? You don't add the diameters of subs to get their total cone area..
sorry, I didn't want to get all mathematical on someone who is asking if 2 12s in a jeep will do a hairtrick. Here ya go kid (Pi x [r x r]) Your 2 12s are roughly 226 square inches... give or take depending on the sub.

sorry, I didn't want to get all mathematical on someone who is asking if 2 12s in a jeep will do a hairtrick. Here ya go kid (Pi x [r x r]) Your 2 12s are roughly 226 square inches... give or take depending on the sub.
Just checking to see if you know what's up. There are a lot of misconceptions about cone area

Buy my two re Mt 18's abd you will be well on your way lol
Just no. GTFO.

OP, amazing amp you have there. Not really equipment that's geared towards SPL though. If you're serious about hair tricks, you're going to need more power and more cone area. You've got some great SQ equipment. If getting loud is what you're after, I'd suggest possibly selling that stuff and picking up equipment that's more in your realm. OR just getting more of what you have.

Just no. GTFO.
OP, amazing amp you have there. Not really equipment that's geared towards SPL though. If you're serious about hair tricks, you're going to need more power and more cone area. You've got some great SQ equipment. If getting loud is what you're after, I'd suggest possibly selling that stuff and picking up equipment that's more in your realm. OR just getting more of what you have.
Just no? Wtf have you used of heard mt's? They are louder to ear than my Fi teams just dont play the lows like mine do. I have seen two re mt 18's do a 158 legal. Tell me how they are not good for what op wants??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CoryJage

CoryJage
Willis5on, ND
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
raptor727