H.U. static, not alt. whine.

jayrebb
10+ year member

Ok so i have limited info here because i didint install this HU, but i wanted to get some of you ideas... so this is what i got. 1991 bmw 325i, its got an alpine cdm-7857 in it, with stock 5.25 speakers font and back...so when i am skip to the next song, i can hear the HU working in the speakers, as if i can hear the motor moving the laser eye, then i can hear static at low volume levels...do you think a noise filter would help this? i thought it might be the stock speakers and wire, but then maybe not...any input would be appreciated...oh yeah its not alt. whine, it does what i explained above regardles of rpm levels...

It doesn't sound like a ground issue. Do you have a factory amp. If so, it may be a input sensitivity issue. Facotry amps tend to use the OEM HU to dictate the amps gain. This is a big factor if the OEM HU changed the volume at driving ratios. When you remove the factory HU, the amp simply goes to full gain. If this is the case, you can't fix it without knowing the amps pinout and some modifications. If you do have the factory amp, I would suggest running a speaker wire from the aftermarket radio directly to one speaker. Does it have the same noise? If so, then it is a HU ground issue or normal characteristic of the unit.

It doesn't sound like a ground issue. Do you have a factory amp. If so, it may be a input sensitivity issue. Facotry amps tend to use the OEM HU to dictate the amps gain. This is a big factor if the OEM HU changed the volume at driving ratios. When you remove the factory HU, the amp simply goes to full gain. If this is the case, you can't fix it without knowing the amps pinout and some modifications. If you do have the factory amp, I would suggest running a speaker wire from the aftermarket radio directly to one speaker. Does it have the same noise? If so, then it is a HU ground issue or normal characteristic of the unit.
yes, thise sounds like an improper level setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.