H/U Fade

Participant count
  • Participant list

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
Alright,

Have a Pioneer H/U, 50 X 4 watts max. If I change the fade so its mostly in the rear, does the total power in the rear go up?

In other words, if fade is in the rear, at max volume, am I getting more watts at max volume in the rear then I would at fade 0?

My reason for asking is because I have 2 Jensen 50 WRMS, 120 W MAX 6X9's in my rear deck, and have the fade ajusted to 11 outta 15 to the rear. My speakers at higher volume produce major distorded sound. I want to get some bass shakers in series with them to equal the power handeling out so when I get me sum subs in a month, I can go max volume on my H/U.

Also, I have max bass, no mid, no treb going to them. My eq settings 40 hz at +12 dB.

Would bass shakers be the way to go?

Thats alot, i know!

Alright,
Have a Pioneer H/U, 50 X 4 watts max. If I change the fade so its mostly in the rear, does the total power in the rear go up?

In other words, if fade is in the rear, at max volume, am I getting more watts at max volume in the rear then I would at fade 0?

My reason for asking is because I have 2 Jensen 50 WRMS, 120 W MAX 6X9's in my rear deck, and have the fade ajusted to 11 outta 15 to the rear. My speakers at higher volume produce major distorded sound. I want to get some bass shakers in series with them to equal the power handeling out so when I get me sum subs in a month, I can go max volume on my H/U.

Also, I have max bass, no mid, no treb going to them. My eq settings 40 hz at +12 dB.

Would bass shakers be the way to go?

Thats alot, i know!
Turning down all the bass boosts and the +12db... that stuff is probably killing the poor 6x9s.

Unless you have independent amplifiers for every item, you will have almost no chance of maxing the H/U volume without bad distortion.

Dunno 'bout bass shakers, but be careful not to kill your 6x9s!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.