Group buy interest cheap comp sets

theyre pretty inneficient, at 88db, they could probably hand 150rms by having a high soft part mass and maybe a semi-stiffer spider than other sets. also dependant on how high the HPF is required. 150rms at say 100hz at a -12db slope, well most sets could handle that.
I hate to sound dumb but you are talking to a newb here Lol. Im going to have a 12-zv3 soon in my car and I want to be able to here the words/music as well. Would this be a good set to go with or am I better off spending a little more money for better quality? I want it to sound good! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Idk man, how am I supposed to trust u? U joined in 2008, n only have 8k posts
Lol shut up Khoa maybe check my feedback on le forums and egay.

im no longer interested in these, but you have pm to clear somthing up..
No problem, but no pm in my inbox??

they actually look really nice for that lil $ im willing to try.
All you have to do is let me know. Sicaudio was a dealer for Almani anyone can ask him for his personally opinion as he has no ties to the company at all.

can these really handle 150rms each? Im looking for some 150rms comps, I have a JL 300/4 that I would be bridging them on. If you think they can take the abuse get me a price shipped to 55110 Thanks
theyre pretty inneficient, at 88db, they could probably hand 150rms by having a high soft part mass and maybe a semi-stiffer spider than other sets. also dependant on how high the HPF is required. 150rms at say 100hz at a -12db slope, well most sets could handle that.
They are pretty innefficient but then again most 1w1m readings aren't real anyways lol. Like he said all depending on how high they are crossed. I will take these apart this weekend and shot the crossover guts.

I hate to sound dumb but you are talking to a newb here Lol. Im going to have a 12-zv3 soon in my car and I want to be able to here the words/music as well. Would this be a good set to go with or am I better off spending a little more money for better quality? I want it to sound good! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
These are extremely loud I got to hear a set in the owners car. I was really impressed. I drive a convertible mustang with the top down all day so I will let you know how one set fairs with 125rms per side with the top down doing 75~

And for anyone questioning my sincerity and motive with these I can gladly provide receipts with me showing what I paid. I'm not making one red cent off of these not even charging for gas as the place is a decent drive away.

i might be interested in a set, could I run these with a RF P300-1 or would I need to get a different amp? and whats the weight? just curios how much shipping would be.

I sold and have used these personally.. they are the old Orion / PPI sets ( before both companies were ruined by DEI...) that have just been remade in a different buildhouse by former engineers that made the Almani name after the buyout with DEI. they will assrape anything Maxxsonics makes including all but the highest end MBQ sets.... and we all know I am a Maxxwhore..being a former rep and all lol

so for me to say that means alot..

I have over 200 rms per mid and 80 per tweet in a 96 saturn with a 10w3 on 400 rms and they drown out the 10 on midbass..it is all in the install man...they are a cheaper made speaker but for under 100$ you won't find anything even close... I would dare say 125$...the tweets are a tad harsh but that is because they are made with Japanese silk and have a very naturally bright sound to them. the mids are extremely clear and crisp on the midbass/midrange if ya feed em at least 150 rms you will do just fine

and to clarify... nothing Almani makes that people have seen is anything near as good as the S7 series... the rest of the stuff they have is mediocre to poor at best... these retailed at 499 a set...my distributor cost on them was over 100$ plus shipping.. you are getting better than 2:1 over distro/dealer price on theses guys...

If anyone is truly interested let me know via pm or I am going to let this thread die. I might end up buying 8 sets this Friday, but I will charge $50 a set till they are gone, that's if I get no one interested in these for the group buy. Keep in mind shipping will not be more than $15 a set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tc3k101

5,000+ posts
Ω
tc3k101
Socal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date