Grounding an amp in my van,

Participant count
  • Participant list

mosco2005

So Im wiring my amp into my 05 Dodge Grand Caravan. The spot Im going to be placing my amp is in the stow and go behind the front passenger side seat.

Now the Stow and go compartment is pretty much a metal shell with carpet on it, but the outside edge had a plastic runner with metal bolts going through to attach it. This is the location I was thinking about grounding the ground wire. My only concern is its a plastic hole with the metal bolt though it and has a metal nut that screws on, would this be a suitable place ?

You want metal that is permanently part of the vehicle's body - like the floorboard. Your description isn't clear but if you're talking about a removeable panel or something lined in plastic, then no.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.