Ground loop issues?

Participant count
  • Participant list

notorious12

Texas
Hey im new here. I am having a whine in my car that moves with the rpm, and increases in sound while accelerating . When i let go of the gas, the whine sounds like its fainting. I was researching on the web and have read that a high pitch whine that changes with the rpm could be a ground loop. Since i really do not know what a ground loop sounds like, i cannot say if it is or not. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction if it is coming from ground loop

I have uploaded a audio file of the noise i am hearing (Link Below). Its a little hard to hear in the beginning but you can notice it more toward the end

noise.mp3

Thanks

The power wire for the amps are on the opposite side of rca's but now that i think of it, i think i do have a power cable running with the rca's. Its the one for my cd changer. i believe its a 14 gauge wire. I really thought of it until now. You think this could be causing the issue?

Here is a youtube clip for the people who don't wanna download the audio

Thanks for the quick responses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.