Ground loop issue?

Participant count
  • Participants list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
Rear speakers are buzzing/humming

They do not increase with rpms, changing the input or volume..

If I have the car on the rear speakers will hum or buzz in a way. But if I turn the car off and turn the ignition to acc it goes away. Could this be the rcas to the "rear" ? I'm using a old pioneer deh p2900mp at least 15 years old but it still does what I want it to. It only has 2 pre outputs. Front and rear with the rear as a switchable sub output. I have y splitters from the front pre outs giving me 2 rcas for a 4 channel amp but the fear speakers are the only ones that are humming or buzzing. My ground to the 4channel amp is bare metal under my seat. Is it possible I have created a ground loop ? Or does that not makes sense that it only does it when the car is running.

If you change it to four full channels into the amp, do rears still hum?
Sorry. They are already bridged into 2 channel front speakers are blown per the damn shop that tuned them so I have replacement ones coming this week sometime
Only the highs in the front work and the woofer part of the front speakers are rattling. So when I get these new ones I'll exchange the fronts out and see if they all 4 humm or buzz. But I get highs from the front just the woofer part are done for. But they dont humm or buzz if the car is in acc. But as soon as I start it I get that humm ir buzzing sound like an aux cord isnt all the way in for example.

And actually I just did confirm they do humm and buzz with the rpms. So what does that mean? Ground loop? If so I'll tear apart my back seat remove the ground from the seat frame and ground it to either the batt in the trunk or the side impact rear deck bracing

If so I'll tear apart my back seat remove the ground from the seat frame and ground it to either the batt in the trunk or the side impact rear deck bracing
I have not come accross amp ground that causes noise. The ground that will cause noise is the radio ground. I have seen it happen when messing around with live speakers and the inputs accidentally touching. After this, some radios will start humming in sync with engine revs. It is common in Pioneer radios for some reason. The three solutions I have found are, grounding radio chassis, using only one set of rcas, and fully inserting rcas.
The solutions that have never worked for me are, rerouting rcas, ground loop isolator, grounding rca outer ring, and looming rcas in an iron core.

I have not come accross amp ground that causes noise. The ground that will cause noise is the radio ground. I have seen it happen when messing around with live speakers and the inputs accidentally touching. After this, some radios will start humming in sync with engine revs. It is common in Pioneer radios for some reason. The three solutions I have found are, grounding radio chassis, using only one set of rcas, and fully inserting rcas.
The solutions that have never worked for me are, rerouting rcas, ground loop isolator, grounding rca outer ring, and looming rcas in an iron core.
I have a kenwood deck and started getting the engine noise through my speakers. I grounded the deck straight to the battery negative and it didnt help at all. The noise started out of nowhere and im not sure what tk try now. Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...