Gratuitous Newbity

there is absolutely no reason to spend as much as you stated above on home audio wire...that's just plain stupid actually. gold interconnects...decently insulated wire and you're set...

oh well.

voltmeters dont lie and our ears are sensitive but not nearly that sensitive frankly weakest link in ANY system is the speakers. u want colorized sounds then your not into hifi

dc: wire is wire. theres no "quality of wire" only resistance.

ac: (particularly low power ac signals like those running through rcas) wire is wire ignoring interfference, but there are tons of things that can cause annoying interference....unless youre running over 1500watts i would suggest jus buying the wiring kit from walmart, and decent rcas from online, or a local shop or something for 20 bucks or so...

jut my input

-pat

I never said that I personally would. Actually I wouldn't. But I was saying that high priced wire does have its reasons.

Now as far as speakers being most important? Hrm....I guess that would be hard to say. But Brax's speakers (or diamond or focal whatever your preference) on a pyramid amp would most likely still sound like poo. Then again 30 dollar walmart speakers with a excellent install running great amps prolly wouldn't sound too bad. I think what I have learned from this post is average on everything and your install will be decent. I'm going to take your guys word that regular wire is more then enough. I openly admit to not know it all and if everyone is in agreement then I must be wrong.

Sorry we took this post so far out btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I think we still have a question to answer from the original post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

later

~j

I never said that I personally would. Actually I wouldn't. But I was saying that high priced wire does have its reasons.
Now as far as speakers being most important? Hrm....I guess that would be hard to say. But Brax's speakers (or diamond or focal whatever your preference) on a pyramid amp would most likely still sound like poo. Then again 30 dollar walmart speakers with a excellent install running great amps prolly wouldn't sound too bad. I think what I have learned from this post is average on everything and your install will be decent. I'm going to take your guys word that regular wire is more then enough. I openly admit to not know it all and if everyone is in agreement then I must be wrong.

Sorry we took this post so far out btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I think we still have a question to answer from the original post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

later

~j
the amp wouldnt make the speakers sound like poo unless you are playing volume master with the gains causing it to clip.

ok guys, I have a good idea of your opinions on wire, what is the general consensus on the pioneer deh p8500 head unit? opinions pleas.

Maybe this just goes to a personal preference or something. But I have always been shown and told that high quality interconnects will make or break your system. For instance look to home audio and you will find wire that costs 5,000 dollars a meter. I am sure that there is a reason for this. I mean power cords costing 2400 dollars that need a burn in time must be better then using a 19.99 cord you get from radio shack. I am getting what your saying. In most systems running any wire will be fine, because wire is wire or something...but I am still going to disagree. I work for a high purity metals factory (http://www.tsmd.com) and I can assure you that we charge more for 5N copper then we do 4N5 (5N being 99.999 pure) the purity matters. I think we have seriously gotten away from the original post though and should get back to the subject at hand.
Home audiophiles are notorious snobs and have a ton of money just looking for something to blow it on. They swear that a record sounds better than a CD because the CD is digital, not analog. They spend $400 on a wooden volume knob because they claim that the vibrating metal knob introduces noise into their amp. If that is the case, then our car systems are just doomed.

Home and the car environment are totally different, BTW. Remember that your home amps are powered by 60Hz AC. 60 Hz is audible and any interference from it would be audible as well. Your car stuff uses DC. As long as you avoid the ECU and other high current wiring with your RCAs, expensive cables are not needed. You are more likely to introduce noise into your system by having a faulty ground than you are by using cheap RCAs. If you think you can hear the difference between the $20 PG RCAs I have laying around and the super esoteric, pure silver conductor, quad shielded, second mortgage expensive cable, especially in a car environment then you are fooling yourself. And a fool and his money don't deserve each other.

As for the Wal-Mart cable, power cable is power cable. It doesn't come shielded. As long as you are using the correct guage, get whatever you can afford. I use Audiopipe cable cause I could get the colors I wanted (silver and black) at a really good price. RCAs I have Bullet series from Stinger cause I like the way they look. The critical areas for getting a relatively noise free system

I think home audio and car audio SHOULD be on the same lines. So does Linn audio, they make the stereo system for the Austin Martin Vanquish. They are a very reputable home audio company that just happened to put a system in a car. I mean basically your looking at the same types of technology, just in most home audio your talking 8 ohm systems and in car its usually 4 ohm.
OK. The person who buys a Vanquish doesn't buy it because it is the best car. He buys it solely because he can afford it and few others can. It is a luxury item pure and simple. The demand for luxury items is proportional to the price unlike a normal good. The ridiculous price IS the main selling point. So it is with really high end home audio. The more expensive, the more exclusive and the better the bragging rights. Basically small prick, big bank account. Somehow the latter is supposed to make up for the former, which is why his wife is usually banging the pool boy.

OK. The person who buys a Vanquish doesn't buy it because it is the best car. He buys it solely because he can afford it and few others can. It is a luxury item pure and simple. The demand for luxury items is proportional to the price unlike a normal good. The ridiculous price IS the main selling point. So it is with really high end home audio. The more expensive, the more exclusive and the better the bragging rights. Basically small prick, big bank account. Somehow the latter is supposed to make up for the former, which is why his wife is usually banging the pool boy.

Are you so sure of this? I wouldn't think the price is the main selling point. Rather the technology behind the car is the main point. I mean common if they were selling a 300,000 dollar cavalier, would anyone care? Same goes with high end audio. I don't believe for one second that its the high price, but the technology your paying for. I mean lots of people on here have W7's. I doubt its because they run something like 600 bucks a sub. Its because of the science behind them. Now sure you have the people who buy the thing to say "yo dude I got a w7 in the trunk" but we all know they get stolen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif This is pretty much a dead topic anyways. Someone just brought it up to ask another question. Yet again to be ignored to trash on my beliefs on speaker wire.

As stated before, I stand corrected on this issue. Although I won't be going out and ripping my wires out and replacing them with *coughs* crap *coughs* anytime soon :p I think for me personally it comes down to peace of mind. *shrug* But besides that, I'm seeing it makes no other real difference.

If what you said was true about rich people = small members, I think we should all quit our jobs and become pool boys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

~J

Are you so sure of this? I wouldn't think the price is the main selling point. Rather the technology behind the car is the main point. I mean common if they were selling a 300,000 dollar cavalier, would anyone care? Same goes with high end audio. I don't believe for one second that its the high price, but the technology your paying for.
Technology?!? It's a British car. You can't drive it cause it will break down backing out of the garage. If it was only $30k would anyone thinking of buying one right now even give it a look? Look at the SVR. That is THE definitive luxury good. Even if you can afford one you can't get one unless you are deemed worthy by the builder. There are those that will pay any price for one and can't get one. The exclusivity IS the value not any technology that may be there. The people that buy $5k/m wire THINK they hear a difference. Psychoacoustics only. Gotta convince yourself that the $15k you just spent on interconnects was worth it. Sucker! But hey you can brag to your snobby audiophlie friends that you have the "best" or at least the most expensive wires. Yeah for you.

At least the small penis mobile might get you laid.

Nice sig BTW. "Return of the Fellowship of the Rings to the Two Towers"

This thread seems to have gotten miles away from its original purpose. I have done a bit of work in theatre tech, and quite frankly the only difference in wire I have ever noticed is the freaking brand name. AGREE TO DISAGREE ON THE WIRE!. Thanks to the one person on the second page of this thread that acknowledged that I asked a question in the first place, that is appreciated. I found a Pioneer DEP-P940MP for a decent price, has anyone had any experience with this unit? I intend to hook it up to a set of Koda 6's, and subs are unknown at this point. Thanks for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tobe18

10+ year member
Flying Monkey
Tobe18
Tyler, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date