Graphic equalizer only plays front right and rear right speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

rubio

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, i have a weird issue where only my right speakers play, im running a small capacitor, 1 mono amp for my subs which are fine, and i have another 4 channel amp, for just front and rear speakers, and im using a clarion eqs560 eq i believe, what i don’t understand is how only my right speakers work, i tried messing with the balance and fade, and nothing makes the left speakers work, i tried switching the left and right rcas, and nothing, my speakers are wired correctly, and i cant think of anything that is my issue, if anyone could help me out id really appreciate it, thanks

I tried on the radio, im using my front output, i just flipped left and right to see if the sound would flip to the left side, then i tried using my rear rca outputs and it still did the same, only right side speakers sound

If the door speakers aren't playing, you aren't getting voltage to the speakers, which means something is messed up along the line from your signal voltage to speaker voltage.

You need to check voltages. I would get something that reads AC voltage, like a digital DMM or Fluke, and start by reading your RCA cable voltages coming from the device that produces your main signal. You need to go step by step from the original signal source for your entire system to the speakers, and read the signal voltage on every device including and that's in between the original source and the speaker amps, so you can see where your problem begins.

Think of it like a snake, the radio or processor is the head, and the speakers are the tail. Start from the head, and see where the left sine isn't slithering along.

In any case where a speaker isn't powered, then it's going to be a case a lost AC voltage somewhere along the line. Find out where your left side voltage goes from a number to near or at 0 AC volts, and you've found your dysfunction. Gotta find the problem by reading hard voltages. You need a tool to read AC/DC voltages and resistances/ohms, if you're going to work on your own car audio. They can be used to find any electrical problem, if you know how to use it. I have a Fluke, and it's about all you need to do an electrical diagnosis for an audio system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...