Got my new amp today, thanks for all of the help guys.

Participant count
  • Participant list
The guys on here have given me tons of advice, and taught me a lot about car audio, not to say I know a lot about car audio, but I know more than I used to. So, thank you.

Two years ago I thought I would put a 3k system together. I heard that most amps don't do rated, so I thought I'd buy a 6k amp, surely that would put out 3k right? I bought a Sound stream Picasso 6000.1d for my sub stage, and I really didn't know it wasn't going to turn out right. Then I proceeded to do several other things wrong, well, wrong for what I was trying to accomplish.

Now, I'm trying to put together a 3k setup, again. This time I'm going to do a few things differently. My budget isn't unlimited, but I still want quality products. A lot of guys on here have been telling me if I want decent equipment, and my budget is tight to buy gently used stuff. I haven't been a fan of buying used since the old days when you bought an amp for $50 from the kid down the street. But, after shopping around I found some good deals. I went and looked at 3 amps today, and I bought one that WILL get me to 3k. First one was a smart 3 for $200, then a taramps hd 3k for $180, and last a Twisted Sounds 3.5 for $400. I bought the T.S. and I'm kind a stoked about it. That's my first buy for this build. I really think I'm going to accomplish what I've been trying to accomplish for two years now. (It took me a little while to save up. Lol)

Thanks for the help everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.