got my 9835!!! YEEEEEE!!

No. I'm not TRYING to make his system sound like ****. I love how mine sounds, so why can't I recommend my personal settings. I use the MX function and get 0 distorting at any volume. If yours do, that's your prob. From what I've read, MX = media xpander, which is suppose to expand compressed files such as mp3s. If that's what it does, which I believe it does, then that's why I use it. Also, I'm still not buying the sub level, though I may be wrong. Yes I get tremendous bass when my level's at 15, but w/ no distortion. The reason why I have it set on 3-4, is so I have headroom, and lots of it, just in case those who pull up next to me w/ a-bahns or whatever tryign to show me up, then I can just gently raise my sub level and let my ported Brahma 15" pound.
Thats your personal preference but the guy was asking how to set his **** up correctly. Your settings might sound good to you but it is not a flat eq.

okay i guess you was right. I turned off Media Xpander and i love my highs much better but the bass is seriously lacking even at proper gains and with bass knob on 15+. It hurts lol.

okay i guess you was right. I turned off Media Xpander and i love my highs much better but the bass is seriously lacking even at proper gains and with bass knob on 15+. It hurts lol.
haha yeah i agree with the xpander off, check out your xover settings on the deck, what i did was (mine's on 2 way mode i think so there's sub, rear, and front) i put the sub level all the way up and front and rear all the way down, makes a big difference for me, if anyone objects feel free to comment cuz this stuff is new to me too

btw, can anyone tell me what the deck does when you go to the sub options and select reversed? i dont think it says in the manual thanks
I suspect it relates to how the sub is oriented, towards the front of the car or towards the rear.

While on the subject of the MX setting on Alpine headunits, I've noticed that having MX enabled on mine (a 7894) brings out the highs and brings down the bass a bit, no matter if I'm listening to the radio, a CD, or my MP3 player through the AUX connector. The music sounds flat, dull, and way too "bassy" with it turned off. This is the opposite of the effect several of you say it has.

yeah it'll be like that at first, you have to play around with the eq and cross over settings til you get the sound you want. mx is sort of like an eq setting they made that (im guessing) they thought would make most songs sound better

yeah it'll be like that at first, you have to play around with the eq and cross over settings til you get the sound you want. mx is sort of like an eq setting they made that (im guessing) they thought would make most songs sound better
Bass and Treble settings are at 0. HPF filter and LPF filter are at 120Hz.

Bass and Treble settings are at 0. HPF filter and LPF filter are at 120Hz.
Well if you think it's too much bass increase the trebble, and vice versa. Not sure what other people put their high pass filter at but I just set mine at 100 or a little lower I think and it sounds good to me

Well if you think it's too much bass increase the trebble, and vice versa. Not sure what other people put their high pass filter at but I just set mine at 100 or a little lower I think and it sounds good to me
It's not that there's too much bass. It sounds like I'm listening to a mono AM signal. There's just no life to the music.

It's not that there's too much bass. It sounds like I'm listening to a mono AM signal. There's just no life to the music.
lol all I can say is play with it more, if you still prefer mx just use that, no rules saying you cant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

reverse (phase) which on ur deck is 0 or 180

aperantly its like a time correction makes ur sub blend in better wit ur high mids, just switch it to which one u think sounds better too u ull kno when it the right way

and i had the problem with my highs getting to loud at low volumes i had to put the x over down cuz it got to loud n i like loud so i keept on pumping harder n i would always make my deck cut out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thai_creeper

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
thai_creeper
bay area, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date