Got in accident, now my amp will not turn on.

Participant count
  • Participant list

srb
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yesterday I got in a car accident and the ground wire popped out of my Boston GTA-800m. I put it back in and tried to test it today but my amp won't turn on. There inst even a protection light, just nothing. I have an amp for my speakers to, and that doesn't turn on when my subwoofer amp is connected but once the Boston is connected again nothing turns on. I checked the board of but there are no burn marks.

Did my amp die?

your power cable probably came loose.. did you get rear ended.. t boned.. front collision.

theres only two reasons an amp wont turn on no power or no signal so its up to you to figure that out

The fuses aren't blown. I unhooked the amp completely i will go back out and hook it up again, but why would one amp only turn on when the other was disconnected?

They did. I have an 8 gauge wire going to one and a 4 gauge to the other. When the ground wire came out they shared the same grounding point. When they didn't turn on I took the fuse out of the four gauge wire and the other amp turned on. So I drilled a new grounding point for the Boston and put the fuse back in, but neither turned on. After tHt I completely disconnected the Boston and my speaker amp turned on fine.

They did. I have an 8 gauge wire going to one and a 4 gauge to the other. When the ground wire came out they shared the same grounding point. When they didn't turn on I took the fuse out of the four gauge wire and the other amp turned on. So I drilled a new grounding point for the Boston and put the fuse back in, but neither turned on. After tHt I completely disconnected the Boston and my speaker amp turned on fine.
That doesn't make sense to me. So 8 gauge going to speaker amp, 4 gauge going to sub amp. Both seperately fused at your battery? Something isn't making sense because if they are two completely separate connections removing a fuse from the other one should not affect the other..

Undo all your wiring at your battery post, clean it, and then re tighten everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

srb

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
srb
Lake County, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date