Got CV to send me more detailed specs for the stroker 154....

Participant count
  • Participant list

yacob.naif
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
For some reason, vega's web site still only has preliminary specs on their webpage, which are untechnical, to say the least.

after much fussing and fighting, a few unsuccessful request for e-mail information, and about an hour total on the phone, i got the info i was after:

untitledgc5.jpg

What do you guys think?

Honestly, it looks uncomfortably not unlike an orion H2 on paper...........

It's probably a good driver, but none of those numbers look too exciting for the $ compared to an mtx 9500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

And no xmech....... I don't know why a SPL driver wouldn't list xmech....

And the CV techs have no idea what i mean when i ask if they know what the xmech is.....

Kinda discouraging. Just thought i'd share the info.

i'm not...... i realize xmech isn't important for a vented enclosure

i just don't like trying to compare multiple drivers with limited specs.

i'm honestly still not sold on the stroker's dominance over the 9500.

nobody's got these **** things. And they're pretty expensvie to buy on a whim.

ya, i remember when he cracked one.

the new stroker is just nothing like the old one.

the stroker pro is basically a remake of the classic stroker. this one is exactly like an orion h2.

dual spiders..... dual gap voice coil..... even the exact same xmax.....

and the scariest part.... the stroker is LESS efficient.

it just makes me nervous. i DO want to try one, but i don't wanna get burned and end up trying to sell a sub that nobody buys NEW, let alone USED

people dont buy them new because they dont know about this company as well, they sorta fell off the map lol it doesnt mean they dont put out a good product, pm snoopdan he told me of all the competitors using the stoker none of them had problems with them.

ya, it just all adds up to making me think the stroker pro is cerwin's flagship, and the regular stroker is just an average sub with the word stroker slapped on it. Whereas, i could have the 9500, which is MTX's end all be-all, that no doubt they put a lot of effort into.

not ripping on cv, i know their home speakers sound ridiculously good. I'm just weary of throwing down for a sub not too many people have experience with, and honestly, has absolutely nothing to do with the original stroker.

So i'm getting a pretty big inclination that you guys think i should give the strokers a shot?

Think they'd put up with a bit smaller box than recommended? I have a 5 cube, 33hz box i built for my type-x's i never used, and don't feel the motivation to build a new box right now.

They're recommended in a ~3 cube box @ 35hz.

Based on those specs, think it'll be alright till summer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

yacob.naif

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
yacob.naif
White Plains, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date