got any tips on wiring up door speakers???

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
they installed my crossovers in my door and I want to get them out of it and in the back. So my question is does anyone have any tips on how to run speaker wire through the cab of a car to the doors?? I know it is going to be a pain in the ass and take a while just thought I'd see if anyone has done this before.

what kind of car? and do yourself a favor and solder the wires straight to the speaker so they won't fall off with all the opening and closing of the door

^-- the shop that installed my speakers...all they did was just loop the wire through the hole in the speaker terminal...lol.

I have a 2002 Altima. I know how to get the wires back to the trunk. My question is does anyone have some advice on getting the wires into the door from under the carpet/kick panels.

hopefully you have a rubber boot near the door hinges between the door jamb and the door. It should house all the stock wiring for pwr windows/locks. If you can pull that away from the door there should be room to run your wire there.

I just used a wire coat hanger - bent a small loop in one end - threaded it from the door side of the boot to the kick panel area - run the new wire through the hanger loop - pull the hanger (with the speaker wire) back through the boot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cjj2d

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cjj2d
Murfreesboro
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date