got a rock chip in my windshield

youdoofus

Skibidi
So i got a star rock chip and safelite is on their way to repair it, my question is how will it effect the structural rigidity of the glass after the repair? Its an 02 accord sedan and im pushing 2 rockford P3s in a 1.1 sealed box with a sq 2200 pushing em. Any thoughts?

^Truth I used to do auto glass and still own my company, it should work great as long as the resin fills in the cracks. Please do not wash your car right now, clean it or use any chemicals until after they are done. Even if it doesn't hold I do believe safelite will apply the money used on the rock chip towards a new windshield. Safelite glass ***** though imo

Turn up the subs before the resin sets so it will get into all the cracks.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

I got acouple chips filled and my windshields hasn't broke yet at 157db
9930e29026fbdfe8b28f368ca00a9470ceb0f3c16b524bd8db98cfc2a9600ce7.jpg

So i got a star rock chip and safelite is on their way to repair it, my question is how will it effect the structural rigidity of the glass after the repair? Its an 02 accord sedan and im pushing 2 rockford P3s in a 1.1 sealed box with a sq 2200 pushing em. Any thoughts?
lol i doubt it... i ran 6k in the trunk on two hdc4s (151.7db) with multiple rock cracks chips and what not none spread... but like the guy said resin is cheap if not most places resin free and charge ur insurance... they stand on corners and hold signs around here for it lol

you will be fine as long as it can be filled right.

like i said not all cracks ( spider cracks ) can be filled. like if its on the surface the no and it will crack more.

but if the guy is good he will tell you if it can be filled or not.

I got a rock chip a few months back and it has spread already. I've been told it can't be fixed. What are some ways to prevent rock chips? I drive on the freeway pretty often and I drive pretty fast too. If I were to go with 65-70 mph constant, would that make it less likely to happen? Or is it just the luck of the draw? This is the first time it's ever happened to me so I don't want it to happen again on my next car I buy.

Pretty much luck of the draw man... Ive had a couple in my life, always from a rock being flung up from under the tread of a car/truck on the highway. And when that happens even if youre several car lengths back, at 70 mph, youre getting a chip or swerving into the ditch trying to Neo (from the matrix) style dodge that thing

ive just never had this much power behind a couple okay 12's in my car when its happened before lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

youdoofus

Skibidi
youdoofus
planet earth
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from