Got A New Car...

DerekSmith07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
93 buick lesabre custom 83k miles, $2,300

so now i need a system

first problem that i saw was no speakers in the doors just front and rear dash.

so for now im thinking about using 6x9's i already have for rear fill ( jl tr ) and get the ID 4x6's. hook those upto my already existing 9851 ( until i upgrade ).

after that my frist upgrade will be alternator...goin for the biggest possible

2nd some sort of sound damping material, reccomend me one?

after that 2 new batteries, 1 for the front and more than likely 3100 for the rear.

now its time for the amp, thinking 3000-4000 watts...so sundown 3500d, RF t4k, would love a jbl crown.

with so many subs on the market its hard to narrow down the choices, so what do you recomend for 1.5-2k per sub, pretty decent sized trunk

after all that a new HU and door pods for some 6.5 comps

sound good?

Sounds like a good plan you have layed out before you.

Take it you are going for a nice ground pounder and there are many options! Big boner now or has been for a while is the Audioque stufff.

I would check them out.

Sound deadener, Raamatt or Second skin, but uber budget, I have had good luck with Fatmat, even though most will go against that. Been in my car for close to 2 years and been fine. Need to add more in my doors though.

93 buick lesabre custom 83k miles, $2,300
so now i need a system

first problem that i saw was no speakers in the doors just front and rear dash.

so for now im thinking about using 6x9's i already have for rear fill ( jl tr ) and get the ID 4x6's. hook those upto my already existing 9851 ( until i upgrade ).

after that my frist upgrade will be alternator...goin for the biggest possible

2nd some sort of sound damping material, reccomend me one?

after that 2 new batteries, 1 for the front and more than likely 3100 for the rear.

now its time for the amp, thinking 3000-4000 watts...so sundown 3500d, RF t4k, would love a jbl crown.

with so many subs on the market its hard to narrow down the choices, so what do you recomend for 1.5-2k per sub, pretty decent sized trunk

after all that a new HU and door pods for some 6.5 comps

sound good?

I had a 93 Lesabre limited, great cars last forever if taking care of. I had door openings instead of the 4x6 dash opening however. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have fun installing that HU, you have to remove 15 or 20 screws to install one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif thats the only thing I didnt like about the car.

Sounds like you got some solid plans, good luck and have fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i have a 94 lesabre limited. i have both dash and door locals but all i use are the doors and my horns. gonna need some metal or something when u deaden the doors as it's wide open in there. hardly anything to put deadener on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DerekSmith07

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
DerekSmith07
Goldsboro, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date