Got a few Q's

Participant count
  • Participant list

khi
10+ year member

¤ Iñdi° Møâñin ¤
Whassap all.

I got a few questions.

Could someone please explain to me the whole OHM thing? the ohm load and everything...

and, whats a FARAD? as in... whats the difference between a 1/2 Farad Cap, a 1 Farad Cap, a 20 Farad cap etc.....

Thanx

Ohm is impedence. I'm sure someone could explain it better, so I won't try. I could just site examples of how it works.

A farad capacitor holds 1000W of charge for a very small burst. Each farad is equivalent to 1000W. 1/2 Farad, obviously would be 500 watts, and 20 farad is 20K, which is huge btw.

dont worry about ohm well actually worry alot its kinda like overall resistance of the current throughout your system im sure like stated before ssomeone could explain it way better. they key thing to remember is that to match up ohms from your amp and speakers keep everything the same or else youll blow somthing. btw if you hook 2 resistors (speakers) in parrell then you cut the ohms in half if you series them + 2 - -2+ like that kinda you doulbe ohms. so jsut dont wreck anything lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

khi

10+ year member
¤ Iñdi° Møâñin ¤
khi
Calgary, AB
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date