got a DD1512a ...

Participant count
  • Participant list

av83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
...off CL, and i need a lil info.

I met the seller because when I asked what model DD 12 he had, he sent a screenshot of the DD 35 series page and said he wanted 80 for it. A 3512 for 80... pffft, i was on it, lol.

Met him and found him holding a beat-up 1512. I wasn't very pleased, but kindly informed him of what he really had, and I told him I'd take it for 40. So I took it home and unbent the two spots that were hiding under the mounting ring gasket, and dabbed some epoxy on the 2 punctures in the surround... It's ok now.

Anyone know what volume/port area/tuning this likes for daily beating? I was going to tune it in the higher 30's to try and wring the most spl out of it on 5-600 wrms as possible, and it still sound ok on music. Also, when I get to it, what should I sell it for in the enclosure? It's going to be plywood that's well-sanded, primered, and painted black.

...off CL, and i need a lil info.
I met the seller because when I asked what model DD 12 he had, he sent a screenshot of the DD 35 series page and said he wanted 80 for it. A 3512 for 80... pffft, i was on it, lol.

Met him and found him holding a beat-up 1512. I wasn't very pleased, but kindly informed him of what he really had, and I told him I'd take it for 40. So I took it home and unbent the two spots that were hiding under the mounting ring gasket, and dabbed some epoxy on the 2 punctures in the surround... It's ok now.

Anyone know what volume/port area/tuning this likes for daily beating? I was going to tune it in the higher 30's to try and wring the most spl out of it on 5-600 wrms as possible, and it still sound ok on music. Also, when I get to it, what should I sell it for in the enclosure? It's going to be plywood that's well-sanded, primered, and painted black.
Was he from Indiana ??

Pretty sure he pulled the same deal with me but texted me real pics before I made the trip .... Prefab box...?
Nope, i told him i didn't want the box. The one I described is the one I'm going to build for it. Hang on though, I'll show you the pos box he wanted to sell, lol..

3M53L33J55E75K45F5d290f990c83a25713f7.jpg

lol, there ya go timmy.

B6E77DB4-A2E0-4F04-A02C-39BB54CEB7C8-4394-00000393583D1D58_zps6d83e368.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Lol these dd scammers this one was a 512 advertised as a 2512"

Tune it to 36, it'll be the perfect all-rounder, 40 bucks was a helluva deal.
even with a bent flange(just the flange, not the rest of the basket), and a couple of holes in the surround, lol? And the coils slightly dark, but not burnt up. Just kinda cherry in color.

even with a bent flange(just the flange, not the rest of the basket), and a couple of holes in the surround, lol? And the coils slightly dark, but not burnt up. Just kinda cherry in color.
Better than most 40$ subs, Those DD's are definitely the best stamped basket subs ive messed with.

Better than most 40$ subs, Those DD's are definitely the best stamped basket subs ive messed with.
It seems pretty well built for a 2" coil sub. I figured it was worth it to play with, and sell later. I wouldn't have given him more than twenty if I'd seen under the gasket though... I just DMM'd the coil and said "ok", lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

av83

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
av83
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date