Good Stealth Headunit?

JadeFalcon
10+ year member

Hey all. . . I'm in need of a headunit for my car, and where I usually park isn't the best of places. I'd really rather not fool with faceplates, so I thought stealth was the best way to go.

What do y'all think of the Sony CDX - M850MP ?

I hear bad things about Sony headunits, does that go for all of them? I can get it for $229 on ikesound, so it's pretty reasonable.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Yeah, I agree with Charles, look into Nakamichi. I personally don't like the way they look, but that is good for theft resistance, and they have kick ass features anyways. Form follows function //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I love the look of Nakamichi precisely because it looks so OEM. I agree that all recent Sony HU's are crap, and to me the "stealth" look doesn't make much sense as a deterant. Not that anyone in their right mind would try to steal a HU as crappy as the new Sony's....

I think you would be wise to reconsider not wanting to deal with faceplates, though, as they are not that big a pain in the ass compared to the piece of mind they can provide.

whassup,

you're looking in the right direction, sony cdx-m630, 800, & 850 are all good units. The price is also right. However, you can get it cheaper at e-bay, just punch in the model and it will pop up at least 10 or more for as low as $150. I have a sony deck and believe me they work fine. Those three models have built in stealth, 7 band equalizer, sub volume, treble, bass, & if that isn't enough....it has it's own built in x-overs...... :thumbsup

Go with your budget and what you want... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

Eclipse has the ESN security. I had an Eclipse for 5 years and no one ever bothered trying to steal it. There was something nice about not having to remove the faceplate everytime.

THe new panasonic ghost face hu's are very stealth. Im not the biggest fan of them because of their lack of processing, but they are very stealth, and a decent all around hu.

only thing about my Eclipses is that you cant lose that **** key CD
Sure you can. If you lose it, just go buy another copy(or borrow a copy from somebody to unlock the deck, then reprogram with another disc).

whassup again....

hey jade, the sony cdx-850mp is right on the money. On top of what I said it also pushes 4 volts out of the pre-amps :thumbsup

And it's on sale at http://www.ikesound.com for $229..... check it out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.