Good SQ but with loud bass?

boddy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I haven't saw most people with a setup like this, most of the SQ setups i've seen only have like an 8" sub.

When i'm finished i will be running a set of Focal 165V30's active off a Genesis Profile 4 and a FI Q12 off a JBL GTO 14001, haven't decided on a headunit yet but i need to upgrade to run active. Removing my rear speakers aswell so it don't ruin the imagining.

Just wondering how it will sound?

I haven't saw most people with a setup like this, most of the SQ setups i've seen only have like an 8" sub.
When i'm finished i will be running a set of Focal 165V30's active off a Genesis Profile 4 and a FI Q12 off a JBL GTO 14001, haven't decided on a headunit yet but i need to upgrade to run active. Removing my rear speakers aswell so it don't ruin the imagining.

Just wondering how it will sound?
Are you installing yourself or is a shop doing it for you. You can run the best equipment and not have the sq you want/need based on a bad install. Make sure you take time and go over all the facets of proper driver alignment and deadning if needed. Install, like everyone preaches, will make or break your sound. Be patient and do it right the first time. A properly set up system will do your ears justice in the long run and be a fun past time. You do have a very nice equipment list so install all of it correctly and you wiil be happy!

It depends on your EQ and enclosure. It could sound great and blend well or stick out like a sore thumb. The biggest thing I would be worried about is getting your mids to play as low as possible. The sub will become directional if you have to play it higher to make up for midbass. I would try to shoot for 45-50hz low pass on sub.

Are you looking for vehicles to compare to ??

I know of a truck that has a 2 way passive component set on ALOT of power, center, rears, and 4 10s isoberic on ALOT of power ...

This thing JAMS and has **** good Sound Quality to boot ...

SQL has been my goal for most of my systems

My current system is a Set of High End older MB Quart Componets in well deadened doors running on 200 RMS each channel

High End Pioneer Head Unit

And a set of 12's on 1,500 watts with a bass knob

Most of the time the knob is down low and I have a nice front stage with good mid-bass

But then crank up the bass and it gets loud.

That is how I like my systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.