Good set of 2 way 4x6's or 5 1/4's

Participant count
  • Participant list

80_Cutlass_mn
10+ year member

What needs to be here?
Anderson,Al
Hi fellaz. Been while I know but ya know I just kinda lost interest I guess but now im asking a question and hoping for an answer. Here pretty soon im planning on upgrading from the factory component speakers in the front doors of my Grand Am. I know what your thinking, FACTORY COMPONENTS...WHAT THE *(^(*^*. Well you heard me, they are seperate mid and tweet speakers in their own little plastic insert in the door. Ive already had them apart and they even have a full crossover network but im looking for something different. I was planning on getting something that would kinda stand out in the door. What I mean by stand out is that I want something that is flashy. A fine example I can think of would the the Pioneer Rev Series speakers with the cool ass grills but the thing is, they dont make them in 5 1/4's, just 6 1/2's. Im also on a budget of about 75 bux so components are out of the question. But I would also stand for a set of 4x6's with a flashy set of cool looking grills. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hi fellaz. Been while I know but ya know I just kinda lost interest I guess but now im asking a question and hoping for an answer. Here pretty soon im planning on upgrading from the factory component speakers in the front doors of my Grand Am. I know what your thinking, FACTORY COMPONENTS...WHAT THE *(^(*^*. Well you heard me, they are seperate mid and tweet speakers in their own little plastic insert in the door. Ive already had them apart and they even have a full crossover network but im looking for something different. I was planning on getting something that would kinda stand out in the door. What I mean by stand out is that I want something that is flashy. A fine example I can think of would the the Pioneer Rev Series speakers with the cool ass grills but the thing is, they dont make them in 5 1/4's, just 6 1/2's. Im also on a budget of about 75 bux so components are out of the question. But I would also stand for a set of 4x6's with a flashy set of cool looking grills. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
if you want i have a pair of polk 4x6"s i need to get rid of and would sell em for 45 shipped. it's about a yr old and they are the Ex model.

adam

Thanx for the offer. Ill consider it. Ive been doing some looking around and im thinkin about going ahead and just cutting a bigger hole in my door panel and getting some more popular 6 1/2's. Right now im trying to decide on Pioneer Rev Series 6 1/2's or Pioneer 6 1/2 4 ways. But I dunno, im still really open for some suggestions. Im really starting to consider a set of cheap components from a few mid-lower end companies as well. Im thinkin a set of components from poweracoutik cuz ive been looking around and so and so forth and all ive seen so far is good reviews of their products and I really want a set of components. I know they cant be worse than the factory Delco Electronics cheapy components so what the hell ya know, a set of 6 1/2 components from poweracoustik for only like 55 bux on etronics, plus they are only going to be running off of h/u power to boot so ya know, they wont be fed alot of power by no long shot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.