Good place for discount alarms like viper

No they are probably not too low, just in store they will come packaged with installation which is normally in the range of 100-200

Best Buy for example sells the viper 5900 for $499 and you can find it online for around $220 because when you pay $499 your paying for the $200 install

True DEI alarms do come with a lifetime warranty if installed at a authorized location.

Honestly an alarm/remote start install should be around $200, if its way cheaper your probably not going to get a good install.

depends on the installer. i do great installs for like $50-100. cause all i have into it is time, half to full roll of tape and maybe some crimps or solder. quick easy money. $20hr, your paying for my knowledge,tools, and shop supplies.

depends on the installer. i do great installs for like $50-100. cause all i have into it is time, half to full roll of tape and maybe some crimps or solder. quick easy money. $20hr, your paying for my knowledge,tools, and shop supplies.
Do you do it for a living? Most Techs at a dealership get paid over $100 an hour for their knowledge, which includes warranty work, changing a tire... and the use of the diagnostic computer that tells what is messed up. makes the $20 look like McDonald's money. It ***** to see professional technicians under pay themselves because they believe the consumer would see it as too expensive. I am way more expensive than what everyone else charges, won't touch a remote start security combo under $1k installed, however, not many shops aren't offering a new Mercedes as a loaner vehicle or doing pick up and delivery with a complimentary wash and vac.... Nor are they doing the installation like I would either which I pretty much guarantee smokes 99% of the shops out there, because I am so anal about it. A screw up on an immobilized vehicle, disables the vehicle... not too many people happy when that happens...especially when someone has to foot the towing bill, then the repair bill that the dealership is going to say the alarm remote start was the problem.. is the shop or the customer (vehicle owner) going to pay? It is a vicious circle. Do I do many? not if I can help it... too time consuming and there is more fun things to do.

Not saying a cheap install is bad nor saying I am the poop, but Viper counted on a generic install and pretty much made it bullet proof for the past 15 years successfully.

Also I have a 2 way for sale in the classified section. a shameless plug it is, but i earned it for all the crap I am going to be hearing on my post

well in the end im saving 100$ (even paying 220$ for the install ) by buying the alarm online but that savings is gonna cover the compatibility parts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.