Good PA?

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm thinking pretty hard about trying some PA up front but I don't want no screaming Bull //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif I wanted to keep my 3 way setup but it seems good mid basses are hard to find in 4ohm. The setup I want is over a grand and that's not happening for something I might not like. I was just going to go with Crescendo or Skars neos. Does anybody see a problem with having the 8s IB and the 6.5s in pods playing the same range? I think I want some loud doors that I can tone down for daily and crank for demos. Right now I have a loud for SQ setup that can be very aggressive or neutral.

what kind of sub stage are you trying to keep up with? Or do you just want screaming mids/highs whenever the mood strikes?

PWX's have solid midbass for a PA mid, but aren't overly loud. I don't care for the sound of them. Haven't heard skar but have heard sundown neo's. Actually just finished a set of doors for 2 10's and 2 supertweets using the sundown neos. Those sound pretty good and get pretty loud.

You might want to run the same size drivers, unless you're opposed to glassing your doors. 2 8's or 3-4 6.5's per side can be very loud...

what kind of sub stage are you trying to keep up with? Or do you just want screaming mids/highs whenever the mood strikes?
PWX's have solid midbass for a PA mid, but aren't overly loud. I don't care for the sound of them. Haven't heard skar but have heard sundown neo's. Actually just finished a set of doors for 2 10's and 2 supertweets using the sundown neos. Those sound pretty good and get pretty loud.

You might want to run the same size drivers, unless you're opposed to glassing your doors. 2 8's or 3-4 6.5's per side can be very loud...
High 40s on music kissing 50s. My current setup hangs but I want to open it up at times and do the street battle stuff around here. The doors are already built and I can't change them with a full rebuild. I've got welded braces and solid baffles built on the frame to keep my current mid bass happy

I would go ahead and get the Hertz SPL shows if was going to spend Beyma money.

Put it this was. My current front stage can be tuned to keep up and be aggressive or EQ to be a neutral competitive SQ car. That's what I'm trying to keep as much as possible. If its not going to happen tell me and I will forget about it.

PA speakers. Mid bass, mid range, tweeter active.
Well if you're looking for powered and on a budget go with alot.. I mobile DJ So I got powered speakers and altos are the best high quality powered speaker for a low price

I have two of these and they get loud! Alto TS112A 12" Active 2-Way Speaker | Musician's Friend

I'm not sure what you are using them for so that probably isn't what you're going to want..

If you have money to spend.. Go for passive jbl speakers and a crown amp..

I've had good luck with Seleniums, they can sound very good for daily if set up right. Won't be an SQ car, but can be enjoyable playing any type of music and get veyr loud when the time comes...

I've had good luck with Seleniums, they can sound very good for daily if set up right. Won't be an SQ car, but can be enjoyable playing any type of music and get veyr loud when the time comes...
Do you see any issues with the 8 and 6 covering the same range? 8 is IB, 6 is in a pod. I figure my mid bass will be the real noticeable lose

Do you see any issues with the 8 and 6 covering the same range? 8 is IB, 6 is in a pod. I figure my mid bass will be the real noticeable lose
I have 6.5's, 8's, 10's, 12's, and 15's in mine all playing the same freqs. I have it set up so I can also play various mids/tweets, or all of them at once. For daily I just play the 6.5's and AQ tweets in the A pillars.

Don't overpower them and do a litle EQ work and they will not scream or sound like ***...

I have 6.5's, 8's, 10's, 12's, and 15's in mine all playing the same freqs. I have it set up so I can also play various mids/tweets, or all of them at once. For daily I just play the 6.5's and AQ tweets in the A pillars.
Don't overpower them and do a litle EQ work and they will not scream or sound like ***...
Sounds good. I will try it, I can always put the SQ stuff back in when I need to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date