GOOD or BAD Amp

giltyler

Senior VIP Member
Looking for something for my Kid to use and saw the one below on sale and want to see some opinions

Will be powering 2 12" subs Brand Undecided but 3" coils for sure

Hifonics Hercules H353000.1D LTD (H35 3000.1D) $219.00 Brand New from Reputable merchant

How much power are you looking for and budget. What 12's are they and what coil impedence. Hifonics has gone down and thats even one of there lower line amps. I would not recommend it.

In that price range id suggest cab1600.

Hifonics amps really struggle with any kind of voltage loss.

Maybe even consider skar lp2000

The Cab is chinese, which is why it is layed out like that.

Hifonics is chinese, BUT alot of their bigger monos are copies of Korean pcbs using inferior parts.

I feel safe in saying the Cab will do more power in a real world environment. Sonic actually dynod the Hifonics and it did like 1400w certified at full voltage, which sounds good on the surface....but too many of us on here can tell you to expect that ouput to be cut in half at 12v.

Id do the cab over the lp2000, but id also do the lp2000 over the hifonics. The lp dynod like 2200 for 229$

Thanks Kr15

I will look at the LP Amp

My son saw this for $299. VFL 4480.1D

Any thoughts

We want something that will run with 160 amp alt big 3 and one extra Group 24 AGM

All 0 gauge ofc

Im not a huge fan of that specific line of AB amps. Chinese. Probably more reliable than the hifonics. I think they do about 1800-2k

Thanks Kr15
I will look at the LP Amp

My son saw this for $299. VFL 4480.1D

Any thoughts

We want something that will run with 160 amp alt big 3 and one extra Group 24 AGM

All 0 gauge ofc
Absolute garbage. Just as bad as the hifonics. Stay away from vfl hybrids only look at the actual vfl lines and stay within that. 300 is a goddam rip off. Amp is worth 100 in performance.

Will be powering 2 12" subs Brand Undecided but 3" coils for sure
With a 160A alternator I would actually start looking at 2.5 inch coils to be honest.
Alot of the nicer 2.5 inch coils are running well off 800 to 900 watts. Since your running two 12s, you will not overpower them (realistically you will not get more than 600 watts to each speaker with a 160A alternator so your perfectly fine running a pair of 2.5s).

Good chance that it will not only save you money but will get louder as well.

In regards to 2.5" coils the Sundown SA is one of the only ones I know plus the Sundown/CAB Ultra

I also looked at the FI Alpha subs if anyone has any knowledge I would like to learn about them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.