Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

I have these in my car and they sound amazing! Theyre a little more than what youre spending but theyre worth it.
ES 6mo CDT Audio 6 5" 2 Way Pro Component Speakers Mids Tweeters Crossovers New | eBay
I like the sensivity ,and the Hertz range on those!!How you like CDT in general?I really like mine.I think they sound fantastic.I was leaning towards Hertz MLK after I heard my good friends set up.He is into more high end of SQ,and Im into more SPL..hard to find the happy medium, but Im trying:)

View attachment 26537366View attachment 26537367the pods are designed to sit on the top of the door panels in almost any area of it ,and are attached to the panels from the back side .so thyey can be easily removed just as attached .i can paint them any color you want to match your interior ,and have the components for them also
Now those are just plain BA mylows! If the OP doesnt grabb them up, hit me up for 2nds..PM me a price on them..Those light grey?

Now those are just plain BA mylows! If the OP doesnt grabb them up, hit me up for 2nds..PM me a price on them..Those light grey?
yea they are they have the cdt mesh grills too had them made for my 4 runner by a teammate ,but sold the runner now i just have them laying around .they sound really good too.make me an offer .they had cdt es 6 mo mids and es 010 tweets in them ,but i had to cut a small hole in the panel for the mids to work .if you go with a slimmer mid like the es 62im or the cl 62sl mids then you wouldn't have any issues with mounting depth of the mid.

Yes sir..not alot you can do with that...a slim component setup, or midrange..but i do like the open pocket down at the bottom of the door that can be sealed off, and run a nice 8in in there up/or a decent size component setup
How would I go about sealing that off? And can you recommend something for that space? Not very expensive please. Is under $200 possible?

How would I go about sealing that off? And can you recommend something for that space? Not very expensive please. Is under $200 possible?
Man you could play with some particle board to make the shape/cut out a bit larger for the opening,and use as a template, anduse 1/2-3/8 mdf/Birch,or even some plexy,and cover with vinyl/suade,or colored box carpeting even with some sound deadner inside the opening,and attatch with some nice screws/self tappers like chrome square head,to give a custom look,and a bit of a hassle for folks to remove quickly if ever broken into..lol.You can still use the CDT components in there, and will sound so much better than that stock location, and just add a mid in stock location,and run 2ohms stereo even.$200 for everything?No sir, but you will save alot by doing your self, and it will sound BA also.i have no doubt.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like the sensivity ,and the Hertz range on those!!How you like CDT in general?I really like mine.I think they sound fantastic.I was leaning towards Hertz MLK after I heard my good friends set up.He is into more high end of SQ,and Im into more SPL..hard to find the happy medium, but Im trying:)
I love mine! I actually like them more going active. The tweeters sounded a bit harsh with the 550i crossover. Now they sound really good.

I love mine! I actually like them more going active. The tweeters sounded a bit harsh with the 550i crossover. Now they sound really good.
:santa:Enjoying mine as well..some of the best ive bought within the budget in my opinion

[quote name='sjv13']Yeah, the plastic bracket sticks out quite a bit from the door

View attachment 26537364

The door pod wouldnt work though because when I close the door, the speaker is pretty close to the side of my dash. Hard to explain, but look at this picture and try to imagine it with the door closed. It ends up being next to where the yellow and white warning sticker is.

View attachment 26537365

EDTIT: Okay, so maybe not that close to the sticker, as it isnt that close the front of the car when the door is closed... but either way, those door pods would hit in that location when I close the door.[/QUOTE]

I'll go out on a short limb and say the problem is not your speakers at all... Those need sealed off properly. Even if all you did was add a ring of foam tape around the outer edge of the mid, it would increase response greatly.

Like this:
cdtinstall4.jpg

Deaden the doors as well, and I imagine the output from the set you have will satisfy you. Hit up @keep_hope_alive ; for some good advice, too.

[quote name='av83']I'll go out on a short limb and say the problem is not your speakers at all... Those need sealed off properly. Even if all you did was add a ring of foam tape around the outer edge of the mid, it would increase response greatly.

Like this:
SNIP

Deaden the doors as well, and I imagine the output from the set you have will satisfy you. Hit up @keep_hope_alive ; for some good advice, too.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... just adding that foam will help? I dont really want to put the time/money into deadening doors right now. The money:difference ratio just isnt there for me at this point in time. That foam I could definitely do though. My doors dont rattle at all and they are pretty solid too. And they dont have holes.

And I think I have already talked to him about sealing and brackets before.

Man you could play with some particle board to make the shape/cut out a bit larger for the opening,and use as a template, anduse 1/2-3/8 mdf/Birch,or even some plexy,and cover with vinyl/suade,or colored box carpeting even with some sound deadner inside the opening,and attatch with some nice screws/self tappers like chrome square head,to give a custom look,and a bit of a hassle for folks to remove quickly if ever broken into..lol.You can still use the CDT components in there, and will sound so much better than that stock location, and just add a mid in stock location,and run 2ohms stereo even.$200 for everything?No sir, but you will save alot by doing your self, and it will sound BA also.i have no doubt.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the gears have been turning in my head. I asked crutchfield and they said the mounting depth for the rear doors is 2.5." I dont currently have any speakers back there, so I thought maybe I could throw some of these in there. The rear door speakers are at the bottom of the door just behind the driver and passenger seats, so if I got something like this (CDT Audio Megabass CL-6 EMB) I think I would add that nice kick I'm looking for to the rear of the seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.