Good match ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JessyBoy86

Senior VIP Member
So,

i'm gonna receive a pair of hertz hv165xl today and i'm looking for a pair of tweeters to run them with.

i found those,

http://solen.ca/wp-content/uploads/sb29rdcnc0004.pdf

I found that Solen electronic is around 20 minutes from home and they have a lot of SB accoustic stuff. I would've liked to get a pair of hertz HT-28 but they are kinda hard to get here in Montreal so...

Based on freq response diagram of both the mid-woofer and the tweeter, i figured that i could cross them over around 2khz at -12dB. But, i've read somewhere that it is better to cross somewhere around the beaming point, wich seems to be around 900hz for the hv165xl.

Would that still make any sense to cross around 2khz ?

HV165XL_diagram_zpsvqujuzbo.jpg'%20alt='HV165XL_diagram_zpsvqujuzbo.jpg'>

The tweeters would be placed in the A pillars, about 30-degree off-axis i think....Mid-woofer would be in the bottom of doors, what would be a good orientation for those ?

Considering those options, what would be the best option for sub stage? I just want a single sub in a ported box tuned as low as possible at the rear corner of my dodge Caravan. I want everything to blend in like butter. I would like a good dual-2 around 1200-1500w i would run at 4 ohm at lower wattage...the day i want more output i just wire it at 1 ohm.

THATs not the beaming point. It's over 2500hz. That's the basket/surround resonance. The XL is good till 2.5k.
oh i see, i think i just understood how to read those diagrams...lol I see that the gap in SPL is constant until 2.5khz or so....

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

That dip looks like breakup or a resonance issue. Im going for cone breakup
That's just the freq response sheet from the manufacturer...it's the hv165xl

Without doing any real analysis i tgink its safe to do 2k with a 12db octave slope..
Sure will do RTA....i'm just looking at specs to see if i can match those components. For now i know i will install a pair of hv165xl and that's it !

oh i see, i think i just understood how to read those diagrams...lol I see that the gap in SPL is constant until 2.5khz or so.... 

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

That's just the freq response sheet from the manufacturer...it's the hv165xl
If the gap lines up with a impeadance wiggle it's a resonance. Every speaker has one somewhere. I think the SBs will be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.