Good headunit for running active?

boddy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm going to be running active with some 165V30's and a FI Q, obviously i need something with 3 preouts and active crossovers but I'm not sure what to get. I would prefer it to be Alpine but that's just me. As long as it accepts USB, displays the track name, accepts steering wheel controls and has good SQ I'm happy. I was looking at the Alpine 117ri but that has all the ipod stuff which i have no interest in so i don't want to be paying for something that i aren't going to use, same with bluetooth as it degrades the SQ in my opinion.

Anyone help me out?

Ok thanks reckon i should go for the 9887 over the 117ri then? And what steering wheel control adapter would i need for it?

I would prefer USB to be honest, don't want to be burning CD's all the time and i don't like ipods. I might just go with the 117ri if the crossovers and time alignment or whatever it is called is good.

really funny b/c i hook my ipod up to it lol
Show me where the USB adapter is on the back of this 9887:

x500CDA9887-b.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.