Good deal on amp for 2 SA-12?

The brutus looks like it might be just right in my price range. I'm assuming that it will outperform the aq1200? And are there any other sites that sell audioque besides soundqubed?
thats lowest price on AQ you will find they dont have vendors really so thats why their amp prices are low

So you think the alpine SWR's on the aq2200 will outperform the sa-12 on a Brutus? Also the alpines are about the same price as the obsidian audio 12s. I had heard they are very similar to some of sundowns products, are the alpines a better sub?

Right now they're both the same price, alpines might be cheaper with free shipping. The alpines said theyre rated up to 1000 rms and the OAs are at 600 but I read they could be ran at 800-900 daily. Wouldn't the alpines put out more sound because they can take more watts? I haven't been able to really grasp how much rms translates into output yet so if anyone could explain it, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for all the help so far! Haha I've spent more than I intended but at least now I feel confident it's money well spent.

^^^ this, but I would also suggest to set your gains no higher than ~1900rms. You are at the subs high limit so you don't want to clip the signal at all.

I think I'm probably gonna get the alpines, they seem more flexible for the type of enclosure I'm hoping to make. What gauge of wire and stuff do I need for the amp? I have the stock receiver for 2010 gmc Sierra with Bose so I'll probably have to get a converter from speaker level to RCA too right?

Did some reading and it looks like I'm going to need 0 gauge wire I guess. I have the stock 145 alt. Will this support the amp and my truck reliably?

As long as you are not clipping the $hit outta your hu and amp you should be fine. Also try and get used wire if u can, I spent ~150 on 1/0 new. If u don't have a dmm get one you cannot be safe without one.

Yeah I saw how expensive that stuff is lol. I do have a DMM so that's not a problem. Does 1/0 go up very often used in the quantities that I'll need it? And are there any brands I should be aware of? Haven't read much into the wiring side of things

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.