Good bye pg....

A legacy gone....helllo cheap products! Cheap in price and quality....if the brand even survives //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

A legacy gone....helllo cheap products! Cheap in price and quality....if the brand even survives //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Im just hoping a reputable company buys them, but who knows..

i hope u guys know that car audio is a dieing market.... you will see more and more of this.

i think in 98-2000 was the last best years of the car audio industry

all u see now is GPS sales UP satalite radio sales steady. and thats about it. and mobile video for flip downs for kids. but thats it.

It was inevitiable... is it just me or was it obvouis that PG was going down the drain more and more every year?
Not really... The xenons had their issues, but i never thought they were going down the drain with quality what so ever.. Its unfortunate that this happend, and im sure the problem with the xenons greatly attributed to this. The new rsd equipment has gotten great reviews on the car audiomag, but this will more than likely be the last quality product.. Ill be sure to get my hands on some ole rare pg amps forsure now..

****. I've gotta get in touch with them soon regarding getting new terminals for my MPS-2500 I guess.

In all honesty I think what killed them was getting too big for their britches. They bought Carver a few years ago but didn't do anything with the brand. That couldn't have been a wise move. They also didn't really have a niche market. They were THE amp 13-14 years ago when they came on the scene, but they never really capitalized on that. I honestly think that they could have made the MS series and MPS series and continued to sell them forever. They were just that good. As is was, they never got the mass appeal of Rockford or Kicker. They made entry level products but never developed a market for them to et their name out into the mainstream. Too bad. They've always made a great product.

that is sad to read,

my bass cube is now never going to get fixed, **** IT

and I will never get to buy a PG Ti Elite then, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

that is sad to read, 

my bass cube is now never going to get fixed, **** IT

and I will never get to buy a PG Ti Elite then, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Im sure nothing mayjor isnt going to take affect for a while. Send it in, it will get fixed.. and as for your elites.

http://stores.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-DIRECT

i hope u guys know that car audio is a dieing market.... you will see more and more of this.
i think in 98-2000 was the last best years of the car audio industry

all u see now is GPS sales UP satalite radio sales steady. and thats about it. and mobile video for flip downs for kids. but thats it.
yeah eventually everything will be really shitty stuff priced cheap for people who know nothing about car audio and then there will be the really expensive companies that nobody can afford

****. I've gotta get in touch with them soon regarding getting new terminals for my MPS-2500 I guess.
In all honesty I think what killed them was getting too big for their britches. They bought Carver a few years ago but didn't do anything with the brand. That couldn't have been a wise move. They also didn't really have a niche market. They were THE amp 13-14 years ago when they came on the scene, but they never really capitalized on that. I honestly think that they could have made the MS series and MPS series and continued to sell them forever. They were just that good. As is was, they never got the mass appeal of Rockford or Kicker. They made entry level products but never developed a market for them to et their name out into the mainstream. Too bad. They've always made a great product.

uh they have been selling ms ta gear for the last few years.. not sure when they started again.. but im sure someone else will chime in..problem was... no one wanted to pay the price...

here is a ms1000 on PG direct right now..wish i could afford it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/MS1000-TA-w-Factory-Warranty_W0QQitemZ9734849545QQcategoryZ79820QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

uh they have been selling ms ta gear for the last few years.. not sure when they started again.. but im sure someone else will chime in..problem was... no one wanted to pay the price...
here is a ms1000 on PG direct right now..wish i could afford it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/MS1000-TA-w-Factory-Warranty_W0QQitemZ9734849545QQcategoryZ79820QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
x2, the ms gear has been sold for years, the problem is, no one really knew about this.. Pg didnt do very good promoting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Towncar

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Towncar
who knows
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date