Good budget rear fill 6x9's

Smaxor5
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to get back into the car audio game a bit and am looking to upgrade my rear speakers. I've currently got a pair of Boston Pro 60's (bought on this forum 4 years ago and still running strong!) amped with an Alpine MRV-T420 and a JL 12W6V2 (being repaired) amped by an Alpine M605.

I've got a Boston Acoustics amp that puts out 70x4 at 4 ohm that I plan on using 2 of the channels for a pair of rear fill 6x9 speakers with the other 2 being bridged to power my 10 inch Polk sub from a while back. Do you guys have any suggestions for any 6x9 speakers that would fill in the midbass realm very well that would be fine with 70 watts @4ohms? Looking to spend around $100....could go more if it's really "worth it".

Thanks!

I don't think I would be giving them enough power with 70 RMS...from what I've read they come alive at around 100. Thanks though!

If you want 6x9s for midbass I have some budget friendly 6x9 woofers I can offer for a great price, NIB, 1 year warranty.

Like I said before, 70W RMS is enough power, for those Bostons too.

If you want 6x9s for midbass I have some budget friendly 6x9 woofers I can offer for a great price, NIB, 1 year warranty.
Like I said before, 70W RMS is enough power, for those Bostons too.
This is probably a bit unorthodox but my plan is to eventually have an 8inch (still looking around) and a 12 inch sub in the trunk with 6x9s on my rear deck for rear sound fill....although I am certainly open to suggestions!

What model are the 6x9s that you have in mind?

Yep, got me a pair for $20 and 2 pairs of 6.5s for $30
****... I really want to pick up a bunch of them just because of the deal but I really have no use for them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

This is probably a bit unorthodox but my plan is to eventually have an 8inch (still looking around) and a 12 inch sub in the trunk with 6x9s on my rear deck for rear sound fill....although I am certainly open to suggestions!
What model are the 6x9s that you have in mind?
There is no need to mix subwoofer sizes. If your plan is to use the 12" for deep bass and the 8" for upper bass you can scratch that and use the 6x9s for upper bass and then some.

The 6x9s are CDT CL-69Sub. These are not listed online anymore but I have them in stock. They are just woofers, like the mids in a component set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.