Good Budget headunit

Pioneer DEH-7500,7600,8500,8600 and also a used . I used to have the the DEH-8400 and it never game me any problems. In my opinion its pretty user friendly too.

Car Selector

If you buy through ebay or another site I am sure you can find them at a lower price though. I just did a quick search

The Clarion CZ702 is by far the best bang for the buck head unit on the market right now. It's ugly, but has a lot more options than every head unit out there other than the 80PRS. It's active capable and has plenty of other tuning options, too.

The Clarion CZ702 is by far the best bang for the buck head unit on the market right now. It's ugly, but has a lot more options than every head unit out there other than the 80PRS. It's active capable and has plenty of other tuning options, too.

What this gentleman suggested, or the link below are my top two bang-4-buck options. Depends on whether you want active crossovers or not. The Kenwood outputs an extraordinarily clean preamp signal.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X697 Single-Din Car Stereo w/ Pandora

Any reasoning behind that?
the kenwood unit will have a better preout voltage, better rca connections, better controls, better quality, better eq functions, easier to add on extra parts as they are easy to find, better overall looks....need i go into more detail?

the kenwood unit will have a better preout voltage, better rca connections, better controls, better quality, better eq functions, easier to add on extra parts as they are easy to find, better overall looks....need i go into more detail?
Excuse me? have you even bothered looking at the clarion? Its not visually appealing but performance wise it'll wipe the floor with that Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X697 head unit.

that kenwood is a lower end head unit, 4 volt pre out, 3 band EQ, not active capable, Digital time alignment no where to be found. Cant even do bluetooth calling or audio.

compared to the cz702's 5 volt preout, 5 band parametric EQ, Active network capable with Adjustable slopes, Digital time alignment, Has everything a modern head unit has and can add satellight/ipod/sirius just as easy as the kenwood and the sound and build quality is great. Its THE 150$ budget SQ oriented head unit to get. Closest thing to an 80 PRS for half of the PRS's cost

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.