Good 6.5" components w/ <2.5" mounting depth??

seventyfive

I'm looking to get some new speakers for my s2000 but the mounting depth needs to be less than 2.68" but i'm figuring 2.5" just to be safe. From my research, tentatively i'm looking to use a Pioneer head unit (DEH-P500UB or DEH-P6000UB) and whatever amp (hopefully cheap) someone recommends. I'm not running a sub because I just don't have the room. My budget for the speakers is in the $150-200 range. I keep seeing people post about the PG RSD's but they are too deep //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Summary:

Size: 6.5" w/ 1" tweeter. Depth

Budget: $150-200

Amp: Open to suggestions (

Thanks guys!

If I was you, I would go with an alpine head unit

either

ida-x100

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X100

cda-9886

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9886

cda-9887

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9887

deck is depending on what you want for features

Then on the 6.5" speakers go with these

type R 6.5" component speakers w/ x-overs... 2 5/16" woofer mount depth

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPR-17S&lang=en&tab=F

Then for an amp go with the alpine mrp-f250 4ch amp

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=MRP-F250&lang=en&tab=F

Since you only have 2 channels bridge this amp to 2ch @ 4ohms and it makes 100X2 and the type r speakers RMS rating is 110watts @ 4ohms...Perfect fit, small amp, amp is around 150.00 and the speakers are around 130.00...

I was gonna go with the pioneer deh-7000bt but did research and found that alpine is the better brand, at least to me it was....

I went with the ida-x100, the type R 6.5"'s and the mrp-f550 because I have 2 sets of mids/highs... This should sound really nice in your s2000 and its all the same equipment...

Good luck and let us know what you end up going with...

Jeff

I was thinking the same thing when I was looking for door speakers, but then you can't use the stock speaker grilles becuase the speaker sits a tad too high, or at least mine did...I was working with a 1999 honda civic so things could be different with his car...

Thanks for the fast responses. I'll do some more research on the alpines but the only ones i found that did USB and CD were really expensive. Also, I like the clean look of the pioneer.

Cool recommendation on the amp, i like that it's really small. I am new to all this and didn't really think of bridging a 4 channel into a 2. I will do some more research on 4 channel amps.

I have a friend with a wholesaler's license so hopefully they have what i want at the warehouse he shops at.

I think lvjeffro is right on using a spacer. I would have to ditch my factory speaker grills which is something i'm hoping to avoid.

Any other rec's for speakers in case they don't have the alpines? What are some good brands in general that are pretty common?

The 9886 is cd,usb and ipod...so is the 9887...The 9886 is around 250-300 the 9887 is around 350.00

Well, here is another alpine suggestion the spx-17pro 6.5" speakers...The woofer is exactly 2 1/2" mou8nt depth, but the best deal I could find for them were around 350.00 shipped...Too expensive for me right now...

Also the alpine spx-17ref 6.5" speakers are over the 2 1/2" mount depth by 1/32"!!!! best price is around 200.00 shipped

Sorry I have no other reccs other then alpine, I did a bunch of research, and chose alpine as my brand...

no worries! thanks for all the help. I'm trying to keep the head unit

From my research pioneer's TS-D720C 6.75" components have gotten some really good reviews so I will try looking into that and seeing if I can make them fit. When i finally lay down some cash i'll update this thread and let people know what i got and how it is.

no problems man, good luck, pioneer is a great brand as well, I was going to purchase the deh-7000bt but saw the cda-9886 and bought it, but the knob broke on it 1 week after I bought it, so I took that back and am now getting the ida-x100...

Keep us informed and hope you like your new sounds...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.