Good 12” Subwoofer that uses .75 cu ft sealed box

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado crew cab. I purchased a premade Chinese box online that goes underneath the rear seat and subwoofers fire down. I just test fit and the box fits perfectly. I am concerned that the speakers might hit the floor firing down. Will a shallow mount subwoofer help with this? Also, the box is sealed and each speaker location is good for .75 cu ft air space. Looking for suggestions to make this work and sound good. This is my daily driver and will not be in competitions. Not trying to go crazy with it. Any help would be great. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado crew cab. I purchased a premade Chinese box online that goes underneath the rear seat and subwoofers fire down. I just test fit and the box fits perfectly. I am concerned that the speakers might hit the floor firing down. Will a shallow mount subwoofer help with this? Also, the box is sealed and each speaker location is good for .75 cu ft air space. Looking for suggestions to make this work and sound good. This is my daily driver and will not be in competitions. Not trying to go crazy with it. Any help would be great. Thank you

man u can look at daytons on parts express dc audio takes small boxes too.. just check mounting depth like u said u may need shallow mount like sundown has or the skar vd i think it is, shallow mounts not gonna be very loud.. what amp will u run with them?

man u can look at daytons on parts express dc audio takes small boxes too.. just check mounting depth like u said u may need shallow mount like sundown has or the skar vd i think it is, shallow mounts not gonna be very loud.. what amp will u run with them?
I will be using a Sundown Audio 1100.5 to power the whole system. Sundown 6.5 components up front, Sundown 6.5 coaxials in rear doors. I was looking at the JL Audio 12TW3-D4 or 12TW1-2 shallow mount subs. I really didn’t wanna spend that much money on them though. They are a little pricey to me. I already have 2 12” Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D2 out of another vehicle I have. I don’t think those will work in this application.

I will be using a Sundown Audio 1100.5 to power the whole system. Sundown 6.5 components up front, Sundown 6.5 coaxials in rear doors. I was looking at the JL Audio 12TW3-D4 or 12TW1-2 shallow mount subs. I really didn’t wanna spend that much money on them though. They are a little pricey to me. I already have 2 12” Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D2 out of another vehicle I have. I don’t think those will work in this application.

if they fit wire each one to 4 ohm and use them till u get something else.. i wouldn't get jl they just way to high priced, look at daytons 5yr warranty, check depth.. all that said if u got all sundown system i guess u gotta look at their subs too..

Yup. Already received the seat lift kit. I want to mount my amp on top of the box that’s underneath the seat. Gonna work perfectly.

Ah... I see... well every build is different I guess. Most use a seatlift to fit a much better enclosure than a prefab under there... Like this...

ygH6O5.jpg

Good luck!

Old school original round Solobaric 12s are designed for .75 sealed and sound awesome if you can find a pair

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.