Going overboard??

juanmgarza26
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im planning on doing the big three upgrade now that i have all my stuff installed, is using 0/4 weding cable to do the upgrade "too much"??

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

**welding

people will say 4/0 cable has less resistance and that is true BUT

you wont see any realistic gains over using 1/0 or even 4 gauge cable for daily listening. seriously unless you're running a 250+ amp alt its a waste of money.

the poorly done "big 3" installs using 1/0 cable don't help as much as well done 4 gauge applications.

whats the diffrence between a poorly done job and a good one, like how can i determain if mine was done good.. its really neat and everything is cleaned up

people will say 4/0 cable has less resistance and that is true BUTyou wont see any realistic gains over using 1/0 or even 4 gauge cable for daily listening. seriously unless you're running a 250+ amp alt its a waste of money.

the poorly done "big 3" installs using 1/0 cable don't help as much as well done 4 gauge applications.

whats the diffrence between a poorly done job and a good one, like how can i determain if mine was done good.. its really neat and everything is cleaned up
LOL!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Me and my dad got a deal of 100+ feet of pure copper 4/0 welding cable for $225 and i dont see what harm it would do to use that.
Use it

people will say 4/0 cable has less resistance and that is true BUT

you wont see any realistic gains over using 1/0 or even 4 gauge cable for daily listening. seriously unless you're running a 250+ amp alt its a waste of money.

i would want to upgrade my sound system ALOT more in the future, might as well have this done NOW than have to buy this type of wire at retail...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.