Going all JL AUDIO again.

Brock79
10+ year member

NJ
Well I didn't want to add an amp or anything to my 2012 Edge but that plan fell through. I ordered up a pair of JL C5 650 for the front doors, C2 5x7 for the rear doors and the JL 900/5 HD amp to run it all. I might add the stealth box in the future. My goal was not SPL but more for SQ. Not 100% sure how this will all sound. Im gonna wire everything up for the sub while I have the car apart, that way if I do add the stealthbox it will be mostly just a plug and play. Keeping the stock HU as it has the Sync and touchscreen. I looked at the ID CTX and figured it is old technology and I passed. Everything should be here thursday or friday.

You screwed up by having C5s and C2s. They sound totally different and the C2s are going to pull your ears to the back. They are also going to distort much faster then the C5s. If you want real SQ I would fix that.

You screwed up by having C5s and C2s. They sound totally different and the C2s are going to pull your ears to the back. They are also going to distort much faster then the C5s. If you want real SQ I would fix that.
He could always turn the C2s down which would be necessary for real SQ anyway. I think it'll be fine like that.

Nice choice OP

pissing+match.gif

I know the C5's are good. But JL sub in stealth box? Not SQ. JL amp, eh SQ, definitely a rip off. And running the C2's in the rear... no.
The stealth box is a huge rip off but a ton of research goes into them. Some are great some are not any better then some factory subs I've heard.

Can do better for the money invested.
This would only be because you are assuming what I paid, and not knowing what I paid. And for the money I spent, NO I really couldn't have done better. My buddy is an authorized JL dealer and im getting everything at his cost which is alot less than onlinecarstero or sonicelectronics. Plus im getting the warranty with everything from JL. As for the Stealthbos, yea I could buy a better sub and have a better box, but I want everything to remain as stock as possible. And since I didn't buy my Edge with the Sony premium sound which comes with a sub, I currently have no sub. The Stealthbox will fit under the rear panel where the stock sub would be. So this is the best choice without having something custom made and fitting in that same area. I might switch the sub out with a W6, I called JL and they said it will work in that enclosure, but the amp might not be enough for it.

C5's sounds great when installed properly. I agree that the C2's were a bad mix. The C5's are laid back comps and will not mix well with rear fill that doesn't fit the same bill.

NOt if you adjust the gains properly on the amp and they are coaxils not components. This will be a filler and will not distort or draw my ears back. In my Maxima I have 2 sets of the ZR's in the doors and 6x9's in the rear deck. No distortion and it all works well with each other. I did consider other speakers and brands but alot of things suggested were either old technology, companies out of business or speakers that are not known to last and stand up over time. I looked at Focal and Morel alot but all the research and the ones I did hear in person did not impress me at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.