god i feel stupid...

that idiot.. oh and on top of that.. he made the circle cutout's too small in diameter, so i had to open them up myself.. god i ****.. $200 plus for nothin' but a big P.O.S.

well... lesson learned... wont be paying anyone ever again to build a box for me.. and this guy makes a living building boxes... WTF?!?!

that idiot.. oh and on top of that.. he made the circle cutout's too small in diameter, so i had to open them up myself.. god i ****.. $200 plus for nothin' but a big P.O.S.
well... lesson learned... wont be paying anyone ever again to build a box for me.. and this guy makes a living building boxes... WTF?!?!
hmmm im interested in who it was lol

but ya man you can draw up the plans and build the box for about $30 including all wood and materials.

yeah bout to move to cali... probably get it taken care of once i get there... too bad i'll have to deal with this poor bass response during my entire week+ drive out there from NC...

or... you could just go ahead and build a badass box for me?? perhaps?

yeah bout to move to cali... probably get it taken care of once i get there... too bad i'll have to deal with this poor bass response during my entire week+ drive out there from NC...
or... you could just go ahead and build a badass box for me?? perhaps?
lol thought you were giving up on internet builders //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Who the hell built your box? I'm on CAF a lot (more than I am on here), and there are a bunch of people that know their **** over there. Also, put up some pics of this box. I might see if I can talk to someone over there and see what's up with this. I know a lot of people that get great boxes from guys over there.

Anyways, I'd say cut the port length back to tune higher, and stuff the box with some 2X4's or something screwed to the inside of the box. Decrease the volume, and make the tuning higher. That would be a temporary fix.

Are you sure you have everything set correctly (hpf, lpf, gain, hu settings, etc...) It might just be something simple.

but ya man you can draw up the plans and build the box for about $30 including all wood and materials.
Looking at my receipt,

From saturday, current prices from arizona home depot is running as follows,

Full sheet 3/4 MDF 28.XX

box 2 inch screws 4.XX

glue 4.XX

and then i also picked up a couple tools .. because all mine were at home ..

So for construction of the box .. your looking at under 40 .. also you only use a handful of screws .. so really its like .25 cents for screws

Mobileman perhaps?

Who the hell built your box? I'm on CAF a lot (more than I am on here), and there are a bunch of people that know their **** over there. Also, put up some pics of this box. I might see if I can talk to someone over there and see what's up with this. I know a lot of people that get great boxes from guys over there.
Anyways, I'd say cut the port length back to tune higher, and stuff the box with some 2X4's or something screwed to the inside of the box. Decrease the volume, and make the tuning higher. That would be a temporary fix.

Are you sure you have everything set correctly (hpf, lpf, gain, hu settings, etc...) It might just be something simple.
PM me and i'll tell you...

i definitely have all of my settings set correctly... i've been toying w/ them for about a week now...

102_0740.jpg

102_0737.jpg

102_0721.jpg

man it's gotta cost more than 20 bucks... wood.. glue.. screws... umm... other stuff...
i am definitely willing to put out the time and effort... but it would be my first build...

pretty sure i could handle sealed.. but ported... i dunno...

I thought the same thing when i went to build mine last month. it really isnt hard. just take your time and it will be easy.

I even carpeted the box and it looks half decent.

But good luck.

I thought the same thing when i went to build mine last month. it really isnt hard. just take your time and it will be easy.I even carpeted the box and it looks half decent.

But good luck.
yeah it doesn't look that bad from the small little pic... i'd love to go ahead and get this knocked out..

what's the best way to carpet it?? glue? staples?

Looking at my receipt,
From saturday, current prices from arizona home depot is running as follows,

Full sheet 3/4 MDF 28.XX

box 2 inch screws 4.XX

glue 4.XX

and then i also picked up a couple tools .. because all mine were at home ..

So for construction of the box .. your looking at under 40 .. also you only use a handful of screws .. so really its like .25 cents for screws
MDF here is a ton cheaper. and plus if you have the right clamps and know how you dont need screws //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.