god i feel stupid...

wschmidt22
10+ year member

so i have two SD2.512's in 5 cubes @32 Hz... and it *****....

i am pretty sure that my box is too big and the port is tuned too low...

and the icing on the cake is the new SDC2.5's came out like a week or two after i bought my SD2.5's...

oh and i paid over $200 bucks for my massive box... and all of this was after months of researching what i wanted...

well i just wanted to vent my anger... thanks for listening...

did you ever ask for recomendations from dj? just build a new box 4@40. itll cost 20$

email audioque for advice. i dont think it should sound that bad...

also id take the old sd2.5s over the new ones. i dont think the price dropped at all...

so... now i'm wondering, WTF should i do??

but a couple of badass 12's that need that much air... or stuff my box with random **** to lower the volume... or just throw everything off a bridge...

so... now i'm wondering, WTF should i do??
but a couple of badass 12's that need that much air... or stuff my box with random **** to lower the volume... or just throw everything off a bridge...
relax man... its just a box.. part of this game we all play

did you ever ask for recomendations from dj? just build a new box 4@40. itll cost 20$
also id take the old sd2.5s over the new ones. i dont think the price dropped at all...
matter of fact i did.. he said 4 cubes @ 35-36... somehow i let this random online box builder convince me that 5 cubes @ 32 would be better... and his **** didn't even look that good... a few screws completely missed...

i am such a gullible *******...

kill me now

i wouldn't just thow stuff in the box. just make a new one. u could put bricks in it to take up room, but i don't know what that'll do to the tuning. plus, thats a lotta weight to add to the back of a car.

email audioque for advice. i dont think it should sound that bad...

man it's gotta cost more than 20 bucks... wood.. glue.. screws... umm... other stuff...

i am definitely willing to put out the time and effort... but it would be my first build...

pretty sure i could handle sealed.. but ported... i dunno...

matter of fact i did.. he said 4 cubes @ 35-36... somehow i let this random online box builder convince me that 5 cubes @ 32 would be better... and his **** didn't even look that good... a few screws completely missed...
was it a member here?

isnt a sheet of mdf like 15$? and glues probably like 5. if you dont have any tools have lowes cut the wood (make sure they do it right), and borrow a drill from a neighboor or something

isnt a sheet of mdf like 15$? and glues probably like 5. if you dont have any tools have lowes cut the wood (make sure they do it right), and borrow a drill from a neighboor or something
yeah... you're absolutely right.. i just need to get out there and make this **** happen!!

this is nothing.. nothing but a minor bump in the road... no biggie...

c'mon me! let's do this! first thing tomorrow!

yeah... you're absolutely right.. i just need to get out there and make this **** happen!!
this is nothing.. nothing but a minor bump in the road... no biggie...

c'mon me! let's do this! first thing tomorrow!
Doing a ported box isn't much different than a sealed, construction wise.

Use this - http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

It'll tell you most everthing you need to know, even what to cut each board!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.