GMC Jimmy

Colt9699
10+ year member

Rockstar
Erie Pa
well she is running real rough and now the service engine soon light is comming on but it goes off then comes back on.

any ideas in general of where I should start to diagnose this p[roblem?

Maybe O2 sensor or egr valve?

Just kinda happened all of a sudden.....

sounds like something my 93' did for a few weeks. seems like it's going to cut off then roars back up? i know part of my problem when i did that was the alt was going bye bye.

i just replaced the alt about 1month ago so i hope thats not the issue.

plugs may be a decent place to start.

I'll check with az about checking thecode and go from there.

well i went to auto zone and they checked the code and it says i need a new o2 sensor, but he says thats not gonna change how rough it runs, so i replaced the plugs and wires and it still runs just as rocky as before.

any new suggestions?

well the thing about the o2 sensor code... what was the code specifically? because that doesnt automatically indicate a faulty o2 sensor, if it is for example an o2 voltage high or low what you're really looking at is an indication of either a rich or lean condition at which point you need to determine what is causing that symptom, rather than actually do anything with the o2 sensor itself.

codes were 13 and 44

says its running lean and faulty circuit O2 sensor on drivers side

this is what the guy at auto zone said.

take it to a mechanic and get them to check it out. it sounds just like the problem i had a while ago with my jimmy but i can't remember what was wrong with it.

sounds like something my 93' did for a few weeks. seems like it's going to cut off then roars back up? i know part of my problem when i did that was the alt was going bye bye.
most of the time that is your fuel pump going bad, i have changed two in my 99 tahoe in the last year...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Colt9699

10+ year member
Rockstar
Colt9699
Erie Pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date