Gladen XS75c6 or Alpine R-A90S

Participant count
  • Participant list

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
I've been in the market for a 6-channel amplifier for a little while, now. My needs are a little different than most of you and having the staggered power that these amps have fits my particular needs almost perfectly.

My system starts out with an old school Eclipse CD8454 head unit. My front stage is a Morel Ultra 602 component set that I have rigged to be active. I have Focal Access A690AC 6x9 coaxials in back of my 2003 Honda Accord.

The specs of the two amps are almost identical. I saw a bench test of the XS75C6 and the results showed it falling short of posted power specifications. Can't find any bench tests of the Alpine, but Alpine usually is conservative on their posted power specifications.

Price I found is identical for both, but I would get a manufacturer's warranty with the Alpine. I would not get that with the Gladen.

What are your guys' opinions of the two amps? I don't expect a lot of replies because I don't think too many of you use staggered power amplifiers.

Last edited:
I ran one about 9 years ago i loved the amp enough that i have a new one in the closet.
If my Mosconi amp fail I'll use the Gladen.
Is that the same exact amp that I am looking at, the XS75C6 If so, are you saying that I'd probably be better served with the Gladen XS75C6 over the Alpine R-A90S?

Last edited:
XS75c6? The only problem with the Gladen runs a lttle hot when you really push it, i think because of class AB amp.
I won't run Alpine amp in my car.
How much your friend charge for the amp?

[QUOTE="dsw1204, post: 8780427, member: 6638

My poor typing. Yes, XS75c6. $550. It will be NOS.

Why do you not like Alpine amps? I had a small one a few decades ago and it was a great performer.
[/QUOTE]

Get the Gladen, don't like class D amp.
My last Alpine amp was PDX-V9 sound ok, any thing below that i don't really care.
I ran a lot of Gladen amps before XL and XS series, they sound like Arc KS and Mosconi AS series.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...