Giveaway time! Reply to enter: Stage 1 Wiring Kit

i was napping... box is nice just didn't wanta make sound better than it is.. it's what i ordered, bracing is nice, plays deeper than old box.. but my sub has a rattle...... i did lot of work around house and 3.30pm box was here so i measured everything., best calc i can come up with is it's 2.10 cf tuned at 35.5hz got sub installed and it sounded fine for few seconds.. later i played it for 5 mins had trunk open and noticed sub has a "rattle" don't know what else to call it.. spider isn't scrubbing.. got bigger box hoping that would make it more efficient i can't believe it's bottoming out in 2cf with my amp and ss filter at 30hz.. have to mess with it tomorrow..
Check to make sure the box doesnt have any leaks!
Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Check to make sure the box doesnt have any leaks!
U think it's bottoming? i'll look at tomorrow in between cooking ribs., gutters and a digging ditch kicked my *** today.. i don't see how it could have leaks except for hole i put in it for wire, i'll caulk it but it's tiny.. i'll turn box over too i have seen that stop stuff, idk if wires fell inside sub or top of box was vibrating but it stopped either way.. wanted to fire forward but not with this rattle..

U think it's bottoming? i'll look at tomorrow in between cooking ribs., gutters and a digging ditch kicked my *** today.. i don't see how it could have leaks except for hole i put in it for wire, i'll caulk it but it's tiny.. i'll turn box over too i have seen that stop stuff, idk if wires fell inside sub or top of box was vibrating but it stopped either way.. wanted to fire forward but not with this rattle..
I dont know if its bottoming out since i havent physically seen or heard it, but its a thought.
You maybe right that the wires are just too long inside and they are banging around.

I doubt your bottoming out on such little power.

That rattling noise could be anything. Might be something in the dustcap itself. Take sub out and freeair it....see if it does the same thing. Also while your at it, see if those tinsel leads are slapping against bottom cone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GPcarAudio.com

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
GPcarAudio.com
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date