Getting Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
So I got me a passat and just got done recently moving everything over from my old car to the new. Only difference is I got a new alpine HU and some ID front components. Well I hooked everything up and now I get a constant beeping sound that doesnt change with rpms or volume. I remember me getting noise through my pioneer HU because the pico fuse but I know alpine doesnt have these problems right?? I dont hear anything in my subs( probably because of the LPF) and the speakers I just get a constant whine but cant I cant even hear it unless changing songs or volume is below 5. I also only hear it with the car on. SOmetimes I hear it with the car off but if i turn up the volume some it goes away and I can turn it back down again. Bad Ground???

Any suggestions HU is CDE-117

Alpine doesn't have a RCA shielding issue.

Did you buy an install kit and harness or cut wires? I ground the head unit to chassis, on the same piece of metal as the amp ground, i.e. floor.

The MB Quart is a cheap amp. Inexpensive amps are more prone to noise issues.

Alpine doesn't have a RCA shielding issue.

Did you buy an install kit and harness or cut wires? I ground the head unit to chassis, on the same piece of metal as the amp ground, i.e. floor.

The MB Quart is a cheap amp. Inexpensive amps are more prone to noise issues.

I had my dsc in my old car with no noise issues. All my wiring was transfered from that car as well nothing cut all new. Harness was already in the car and I just attached the black wire to the one on the harness as in the past I didnt have any issues grounding it this way.

I had my dsc in my old car with no noise issues. All my wiring was transfered from that car as well nothing cut all new. Harness was already in the car and I just attached the black wire to the one on the harness as in the past I didnt have any issues grounding it this way.
New car, new ground path. Either give it a good chassis ground or run a dedicated wire all the way to the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.